Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Blitz Picks 2015: Week Fourteen

The NFL is now next level trolling. Impressive.

2. I have an idea. Form a search committee tasked with finding Blandino's replacement.

/hates the idea a guy who never officiated a damn thing on a field is in charge of NFL rule enforcement
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Blog Entries
    To be fair, as I was typing that before running out the door for grocery shopping, I think Bill Polian is an amazing general manager. He proved that with the Bills and with the Colts. However, I do not think he has had a good track record with the Competition Committee, and given how the catch rule has become the #1 fan bullet point about the failure of the current NFL office, I'd prefer people with a decent track record in those sorts of spots to be addressing it.

Also, let's not forget that it was Bill Polian himself who started messing with what a catch was after the Pats mauled his Colts, 20-3, in the 2003 AFC Championship Game. Changing what the defense could do inside 5 yards (rather that having his coaches coach better) was the first step down the path that led to the Calvin Johnson rule.

Here's a take so hot on ESPN dot com that it might actually melt your eyeballs:

...that starved for content, are we, World Wide Leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Kocsan View Post
    Here's a take so hot on ESPN dot com that it might actually melt your eyeballs:

...that starved for content, are we, World Wide Leader?
    Wait, so they're insinuating that the Patriots may have a bit of an edge in the postseason thanks to Brady's experience and 4 Super Bowl victories? You know, I hadn't thought of that angle before, but it does make some sense.

ESPN is at the top of their game.
    "I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll

6. {}

I used to like ESPN dot com, too.

Now I see an article about Russell Wilson by Bill Barnwell with more or less the same premise. I'm guessing one on Cam Newton is coming, too, perhaps others. So, it's a whole series of trite, and not just a standalone piece of idiocy.

8. Lions' tight end - their only decent blocking TE at that - Brandon Pettigrew has torn his ACL and is out for the rest of the season.

No more Brandon Pettigrew Hat Tricks this year. Maybe next year he can make up for missed time. For the uninitiated, the Brandon Pettigrew Hat Trick consists of a Drop, a Personal Foul and a Pre-Snap Penalty. BP has been good for a HT in just about every game since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Williams View Post
    Wait, so they're insinuating that the Patriots may have a bit of an edge in the postseason thanks to Brady's experience and 4 Super Bowl victories? You know, I hadn't thought of that angle before, but it does make some sense.

ESPN is at the top of their game.
    Its stupid, because if you look at the AFC, the other 5 playoff starting QBs would be as follows:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
    AJ McCarron
    Matt Hasselback
    Brock Ostweiler
    Alex Smith

If the Patriots don't win the AFC, then that will be the biggest meltdown this year. And Patriots fans on other message boards have the cajones to whine about the injuries they've had this year.

Blog Entries
    While I haven't whined about them, we have had a lot of injuries. A ton, but that's part of football. It has to be factored in to an assessment of the season, no matter how it turns out.