Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bills that bad??

Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    Bills and Rams will be the top two teams drafting next year. Who gets the #1 pick is to be determined. Peyton Manning couldn't function with that offensive O-Line. Who says you can win without an offensive line ... Da Bills ... for 2 straight years now! God help the QB ... whoever it is.
    "2 straight years" is an understatement.

Turk - you know better than most that this team's #1 need has been offensive linemen for years. Why CJ Spiller was drafted by Buddy Nix is an unexplainable mystery. I've heard people theorize that Spiller was chosen to generate excitement.

(insert joke about the excitement of 3 yard gains here)

Look at the other bad teams in the league - the Rams, the Bucs (I know, they're 2-0), the Browns, Lions and Jags.

Other than the Jags, these teams at least can tell their fans that they are building something. The Rams have their QB and are playing bad teams closer than they did last year. The Browns have brought in a proven winner to oversee football operations. The Lions seem to have a coach and GM that know what they're doing and the Bucs seem to be bouncing back.

But the Bills don't even have the building blocks in place. Hell, they don't even seem to realize what those blocks should be. A rookie GM? A coach who was deemed unfit to be on the Chiefs staff? Three bad QBs?

Say what you will about owners like Dan Snyder and Randy Lerner - at least they want to win. Ralph Wilson seems to be following the Pittsburgh Pirates blueprint for financial success. I'd say that Lions' fans have just started to emerge from a similar dark period. They bottomed out and are now slowly rebounding. Right now in Orchard Park, the pit seems bottomless.

2. Let's not forget that as bad as they have looked, they played a really good Miami team (who just beat a good Vikings team yesterday) and a Superbowl contender in Green Bay. Buffalo does have 2 really hard games coming up, but they "could" steal one... after that the schedule gets a little easier until the final 3 weeks (with Baltimore being exception).

They held up in the 1st half yesterday. If they could have held up in the 2nd half, heck who knows what could have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    If they could have held up in the 2nd half, heck who knows what could have happened.
    Sadly this question has been the question asked after nearly every game for the last decade. Ill continue to hope they turn it around as sadly nothing at this point will shake my fandom except if they move however it is getting harder and harder to bring myself to watch.

Blog Entries
    And, I'm back on the bandwagon! Not that the Bills are now great or will make the playoffs, but it will be conceivable at the start of drives that we might see some exciting plays and perhaps the odd score! The offense will benefit from both a change in talent and a change in attitude. The latter is more important. It's about time we beat the Pats - probably won't be this weekend, but I can actually dream that it will be now with Edwards benched.

Here's the question though: do the Bills make another "what the hell were you thinking?" pick with our high draft next year, or do we actually focus on a 10 year need (OT). It seems like the Bills' administration is entirely clueless as to team needs. What are the chances of us picking up a QB that has proved he can at least hang around in a game (Vick please) in free agency or trade, and then using that first pick on a tackle? Quite obviously our drafting in the past decade has been laughable, any chance we do what all the fans seem to know but the administration just can't pick up on? (also, if anyone is interested in a good laugh, take a peek at the draft lists from the past 10 years and look at who the bills passed on in lieu of their brilliant pick).

Buster - you're completely right, the draft list from the last decade is shocking. Only the Rams and Lions are even close.

But I'll say this - the day Vick puts on a bills uniform is the day I turn my back on the team.

Now, leaving my disgust aside for a moment, signing Vick would be a typical Bills move. Remember that his history is 6 good quarters preceded by a couple of terrible seasons where he helped drive a franchise into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by BusterBison View Post
    Here's the question though: do the Bills make another "what the hell were you thinking?" pick with our high draft next year, or do we actually focus on a 10 year need (OT). It seems like the Bills' administration is entirely clueless as to team needs. What are the chances of us picking up a QB that has proved he can at least hang around in a game (Vick please) in free agency or trade, and then using that first pick on a tackle? Quite our drafting in the past decade has been laughable, any chance we do what all the fans seem to know but the administration just can't pick up on? (also, if anyone is interested in a good laugh, take a peek at the draft lists from the past 10 years and look at who the bills passed on in lieu of their brilliant pick).
    I also agree. The thing is, we really need to get a QB this year as well. I think they should position themselves to pick a OT and a QB in the top 10. It sounds crazy, but is very possible. Trade 2012s 1st rounder, a RB, and a late round pick. Hell, they could even throw in a QB. Take your pick. Keep this years 2nd and 3rd, we need more OL.

I can dream...........it's been long time running...........
    “I'd hate to meet your grandmother.” Chuck Knox

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpknOne View Post
    I also agree. The thing is, we really need to get a QB this year as well. I think they should position themselves to pick a OT and a QB in the top 10. It sounds crazy, but is very possible. Trade 2012s 1st rounder, a RB, and a late round pick. Hell, they could even throw in a QB. Take your pick. Keep this years 2nd and 3rd, we need more OL.

I can dream...........it's been long time running...........
    I think that is dreaming. I can't see a team who could potentially get a top 10 pick this year pawning their first rounder this year (especially with all these quarterbacks) for a pick in 2012, especially if you're holding on to all your 2nds and 3rds this year. That would be a great deal for the Bills if you could actually get someone to agree to it. You might be able to trade back into the 1st round by dealing with the Pats or Cowboys, who have been known to speculate on these sorts of things, but those picks would probably be in the 20s, if those franchises were willing to deal. We'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    I've heard people theorize that Spiller was chosen to generate excitement.
    It was Buddy Nix who said that, actually, in the moments after Spiller was drafted.

If the Bills are going to be running the offense like they are with Marshawn getting the majority of the snaps then line Spiller up at WR he has to be as good as anyone else on the team at the position. If the whole idea is he can score any time he touches the ball then put him in a position to actually touch the gd ball. Sorry, little bitter about how that NE game ended. Those two interceptions were just horrible decision even if he doesn't overthrow the receiver. Also why didn't they go for 2 on the last touchdown? Either way its a two score game and if you get the 2 point conversion you only need 7 on the next attempt and if you fail you still have another chance to get the 2 and still be tied.