View Poll Results: Do you think Peyton Manning used HGH after his neck surgery?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 25.00%
  • No

1 12.50%
  • Maybe

4 50.00%
  • No opinion

1 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we taking this Peyton Mianning & HGH story seriously?

1. Three things:

1 - I missed the whole "Al-Jazeera America" thing. I honestly did not even know such a news outlet existed. I was, apparently, sneering at a legitimate, western news organization. Bad on me for that.

2 - I love how ESPN and others are still hammering away at this story. It appears we may have our next NFL offseason scandal. Swell.

3 - Anything short of complete and total exoneration will be PM's death knell.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Kocsan View Post
    Because the network isn't backing down, presumably, the NFL will need to investigate. I have to imagine that they'll defer that until the end of the season, at which time Manning will retire, and the findings of the commission put in place to look into this will either be quietly announced or not amount to much.
    I can only hope this will be quietly handled. But I'm sure there will be various leaks during the offseason and then various fanbases will go off. So much for a quiet offseason not filled with controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post

3 - Anything short of complete and total exoneration will be PM's death knell.
    The only way I see that happening is if PM sues for defamation and wins.

Blog Entries
    I think that this story would have died after Peyton's denials.

Except for one thing.

Roger Goodell is a moron. In the official deflategate statements made in court, and is his deflategate decision, he put what may or may not have happened on the same level as PEDs.

And the NFL considers HGH a PED.

Reports were coming in yesterday that multiple NFL owners were insisting that there had to be a real investigation because of that! You can't go after one guy, compare what he did to PED use, then ignore actual allegations of PED use by another! When you factor in Manning is not the only NFL player named, and when you factor in that while PM denied using HGH, he admitted that his wife did, in fact, get packages from that supplier in that time frame, well, you have enough to investigate.

If for no other reason than to show that you learned a little from the 2014 series of league office fiasco's, you have to investigate if you are the NFL.

Now, I want to point out that, as a New England Patriots fan, even if the allegations are true, I do not want to see Manning punished at all! I think the NFLs ban on HGH is stupid. I think if PM did use it to help him heal, it was the right choice to make, and it was not even being tested for in 2011 when he was alleged to have used it. But, it should be looked into.

The NFL did it wrong with Rice.
    They did it wrong with Hardy.
    They did it wrong with AP.
    They did it wrong with Brady.

Let's see if they can do it right this time.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

I think the report is nonsense; what's next, we get our news from the National Enquirer? Or worse yet, Fox News. Doesn't mean Manning didn't use HGH, I just don't give much credence to this version of the story. Getting the stuff shipped under his wife's name is a bit obvious, no? The "source" wasn't even working at the clinic in 2011. The whole thing just sets off my bs-o-meter.

It seems interesting to me that Al Jazeera is saying that they never accused PM of doping. Just of his wife receiving the shipments, which I believe PM hasn't denied.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/29/medi...eyton-manning/

Another asinine story. If Peyton used gh in 2011 to aid in his recovery from surgery, that's his medical right to do so. He wasn't competing so he wasn't violating any policy, and what he does on his own time, regarding recovery is his business. Concerning his wife being shipped gh, there can be legitimate reasons that SHE was receiving it. Her medical history is of no concern to anyone other than herself and Peyton. It's very possible she could have adrenal fatigue or fibrosis or endometriosis or something else, all of which can be treated with gh. Considering that men and women over the age of 30 lose about 20% of gh production and additionally 20% every 10 years or so after until death, it is absolutely an alternative to consider for treatment. As far as being a performance enhancer, its not the most ideal vehicle to use.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.