View Poll Results: Do you think Peyton Manning used HGH after his neck surgery?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 25.00%
  • No

1 12.50%
  • Maybe

4 50.00%
  • No opinion

1 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we taking this Peyton Mianning & HGH story seriously?

1. Are we taking this Peyton Mianning & HGH story seriously?

One more try. Just askin'...
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

2. Perhaps a better question: Is anyone else bemused by the fact this is being reported by Al-Jazeera?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    Perhaps a better question: Is anyone else bemused by the fact this is being reported by Al-Jazeera?
    I'm bemused by the fact that ESPN is specifically crediting Al Jazeera when they report the story, something you can't always count on the Worldwide Leader to do.
    Follow me on twitter @kocsan.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Matt Kocsan View Post
    I'm bemused by the fact that ESPN is specifically crediting Al Jazeera when they report the story, something you can't always count on the Worldwide Leader to do.
    And Kocsan nails it.

Blog Entries
    No, not paying it any attention.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    I am paying attention. Why would you not?

If it was not Peyton but any random black NFL player, would you pay attention?

Let's look at facts:

1. HGH promotes healing. It's given by normal doctors to normal people to help with that.
    2. It's banned by the NFL because, well, who knows?
    3. Peyton suffered a potentially career ending injury. Is it beyond the realm of possibility he'd use HGH to try and extend his career?
    4. Other athletes have had HGH and/or other legal in some places but not in the US and/or not for athletes shipped to family members to make it harder to track. That part of the story makes sense.
    5. This allegedly took place in 2011. The NFL added HGH testing in September of 2012. If it happened, it was before testing. Peyton could not be caught. If you could make millions of dollars using something and could not be caught, would you? Is it unreasonable to assume Peyton would have?

I am not saying the NFL should punish Peyton. They should not. But to assume that he would not/did not use HGH is, IMO, foolish.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

7. I have, for a couple decades now, operated on the assumption all athletes are on the spike.

If a guy is not juicing, good on him. If he is, I don't care. Never have.

Blog Entries
    According to the Fox pre-pre-game show, it was PManning, James Harrison, Julius Peppers, and Mike Tyson. Still not gonna do it. Cannot bring myself to care.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

I really didn't need this story. Because this is gonna be an excuse for Patriot fans to be whiny crybabies about how unfairly they were treated for deflategate.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
    I really didn't need this story. Because this is gonna be an excuse for Patriot fans to be whiny crybabies about how unfairly they were treated for deflategate.
    Because the network isn't backing down, presumably, the NFL will need to investigate. I have to imagine that they'll defer that until the end of the season, at which time Manning will retire, and the findings of the commission put in place to look into this will either be quietly announced or not amount to much.
    Follow me on twitter @kocsan.