Thread: Laurence Maroney

Laurence Maroney

Which of Denver's running backs will be cut to make room? My guess is Buckhalter after his fumble on Sunday. No huge gain or loss here. Hopefully a change of scenery for Maroney will spark something that will surprise all of us.

Buckhalter will likely be your 3rd string guy.

I gotta say I don't understand the Maroney acquisition - wasn't Moreno drafted in the first round to be the go to guy? Otherwise, why spend a first round pick on a RB when it's a position you can traditionally plug in 6th round, 7th round, undrafted free agents into...

This is McDaniels trying to become the Patroits right off the bat. He doesn't give his players a chance. It just bugs me how he went into Denver got rid of anyone he doesn't like, even though most were his best players, and then started from scratch. A good coach when hired by Denver would of first and foremost contact Marshall and Cutler and tell them the vision he has for them instead of making them castoffs.

Buckhalter is usually great when he plays, but he is a walking injury and will most definitely be hurt by week 9. Enter the trade for Maroney. Maroney will serve as the short yardage-goal line back for now. When Buckhalter does get hurt, Maroney will be the primary back-up to Knowshon Moreno.

It was a great pickup because: Maroney and McDaniels already have a relationship, New England wanted to be rid of him, and most importantly to McDaniels, Maroney already knows the playbook (having played in the system for 5 years). Low risk, high reward trade for Denver.

To answer the original question: Andre Brown, recently acquired from the Giants, was cut to make room for Maroney.