Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inez Sainz, Just curious what other people think?

Currently in Kansas, but was born and raised in Sacramento, Ca

Inez Sainz, Just curious what other people think?

I have talking to a few friends of mine some of them chicks and have gotten a wide array of answer on what people think of the whole situation. The funny thing was it was chicks defending the Jets more so then the guys.

My personal opinion is people should act like grown ups at work. To me that means you dress for what you are doing and keep your mouth shut if it might get you fined. Honesty I think its already ridiculously overblown, it just has been the water cooler talk around here.

On a side note she is a crazy hot lady, I still think I'll stick to looking up Denise Milani and Bianca Beauchamp when I need some internet eye candy! :P
    (Quote from Bill Walsh that I love)
    “We have a lot of players in their first year. Some of them are also in their last year.”

Blog Entries
    I guess she was dressed in a racy outfit.The Jets are already in gear from a legal standpoint. Not only Ines, but any other reporters that were there could say they found the situation uncomfortable, and that becomes sexual harassment in the workplace. The teams and the league need to support women journalists that speak out against the Jillian Barberie's being employed in the industry. Unfortunately, sex sells, so they try to walk the line. I wonder if the teams could enforce a dress code for reporters to get in to practice?

She always dresses very alluringly with very tight pants, low cut tops, all that. Why do women dress that way and then get upset when they receive negative attention? It's hypocritical. You don't go into a men's locker room full of naked guys with your tits and ass hanging out. You're asking for trouble.

From a woman's point of view - I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion by the press, not Ines Sainz. Her "provocative" clothing was jeans, not quite a playboy bunny outfit. She dresses the way she is supposed to for her image on Latin television and she doesn't apologize for it. I watched her on the Today Show this morning and she was fine - she didn't blame the Jets and said she did NOT feel harassed. I think she is more a victim of the media and ridiculous women's rights groups. She knows what to expect in locker rooms and did not make a big deal out of it. And my girlfriends agree - the NFL encourages cheerleaders in low-cut tight clothing, so why is it a surprise that women reporters might try to use their assets to grab a player's attention? The women that do that know exactly what they are doing and so does Ines - but she is not a hypocrite as she owned up to it on national TV today and didn't try to play the victim. Good for her.

She is also not the person who filed the complaint. An important point if we're going to be assessing her, I suppose. But since the person or persons who did make the complaint are not getting asked about it by the morning talk shows, I have no idea who that is. I have also not seen the complaint, so I don't even know what was done.

That said, eh. An NFL locker room contains young guys who do not often hear the word No from young ladies, I suspect. I'm pleased and a little bit surprised that this doesn't come up more often.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLchick View Post
    From a woman's point of view - I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion by the press, not Ines Sainz. Her "provocative" clothing was jeans, not quite a playboy bunny outfit. She dresses the way she is supposed to for her image on Latin television and she doesn't apologize for it. I watched her on the Today Show this morning and she was fine - she didn't blame the Jets and said she did NOT feel harassed. I think she is more a victim of the media and ridiculous women's rights groups. She knows what to expect in locker rooms and did not make a big deal out of it. And my girlfriends agree - the NFL encourages cheerleaders in low-cut tight clothing, so why is it a surprise that women reporters might try to use their assets to grab a player's attention? The women that do that know exactly what they are doing and so does Ines - but she is not a hypocrite as she owned up to it on national TV today and didn't try to play the victim. Good for her.
    All well and good, the Jets are concerned about legal ramifications. Ines may be totally benign and well intentioned, but you can find a lawyer that isn't. Teams need to nip this stuff in the bud, and I'm still wondering (free advice from one of lawyers, please) what the team could do to prevent it.

NFLchick nailed it. It was completely blown up by the media. Though I have to admit the ensuing rant by Clinton Portis and subsequent apology made it all worth it. What a dope. Has he always been this goofy or is post-concussion syndrome to blame? He should just stick to silly costumes and leave the social commentary alone.

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    NFLchick nailed it. It was completely blown up by the media. Though I have to admit the ensuing rant by Clinton Portis and subsequent apology made it all worth it. What a dope. Has he always been this goofy or is post-concussion syndrome to blame? He should just stick to silly costumes and leave the social commentary alone.
    yes, he's always been that loopy. He's border line insane. I think thats why Shanahan dumped him in the first place. I bet Redskins fans feel ripped off.... sending a HoF cornerback to the Broncos and getting Portis in return.....
    “The year we beat Miami in the Super Bowl, ... do you know how many defensive linemen were in our rotation? Nine, and we used them all quite a bit. We just wore the Dolphins out.”

~Bill Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    She is also not the person who filed the complaint. An important point if we're going to be assessing her, I suppose. But since the person or persons who did make the complaint are not getting asked about it by the morning talk shows, I have no idea who that is.
    Ugh, I always hated the 3rd party rule in sexual harassment law. If I worked with a good friend of mine and made a private joke or comment and you happened to overhear it, you could come after me even though it wasn't directed at, nor involved you in any manner.

In every corner of the world a group of guys is trying to get the attention of a pretty girl. There are 2 primary ways of doing this:
    1. punch her in the arm/pull her hair/'accidentally' run into her
    2. speak to her
    Disclaimer - #1 is only an option if everyone involved is under the age of 8.

I have no idea if it was sexual harassment. But it was certainly childish. Imagine the same thing happening in an office/restaurant/store when a pretty vendor walks in.