Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article: Blitz Picks 2015: Divisional Playoffs

Article: Blitz Picks 2015: Divisional Playoffs

As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

Antonio Brown officially ruled out this weekend with a concussion.
    "I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll

3. Quote Originally Posted by Brian Williams View Post
    Antonio Brown officially ruled out this weekend with a concussion.
    Angelina has a question for the PacMan.

Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Blog Entries
    In the Really? category, Pacman Jones got a bigger fine (28K), then Munchak and Porter combined (10k each). So much for Roger's 'We are going to hold coaches and team officials to a higher standard than players."

Pacman Jones also lived up to his word and apologized to Antonio Brown.

Brown, for his part, told reporters he planned to play in the "AFC Championship Game." So, it seems he thinks his guys will come through.

And so do I.

I think Denver vs Pittsburgh will be won by the Steeler defense. They have to go in with a shutout mentality. They can't win a shootout, but can Denver start one? If the Steelers can stop the Denver running game (which I think they can), they can win.

I think the other three home teams win (though Seattle or KC winning would not shock me).

I expect the AFC Season to end how it started: Pittsburgh at New England, and I expect Arizona to go to Carolina next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    In the Really? category, Pacman Jones got a bigger fine (28K), then Munchak and Porter combined (10k each). So much for Roger's 'We are going to hold coaches and team officials to a higher standard than players."

Brown, for his part, told reporters he planned to play in the "AFC Championship Game." So, it seems he thinks his guys will come through.

And so do I.

I think Denver vs Pittsburgh will be won by the Steeler defense. They have to go in with a shutout mentality. They can't win a shootout, but can Denver start one? If the Steelers can stop the Denver running game (which I think they can), they can win.

I think the other three home teams win (though Seattle or KC winning would not shock me).

I expect the AFC Season to end how it started: Pittsburgh at New England, and I expect Arizona to go to Carolina next week.

and the sad part is (and I'm not defending jones' emotional outburst), if you watch the replay, its the ref that initiates the contact with jones. Jones made no effort to touch the official. The only (incidental) contact that happened was because the official put himself in between jones and porter.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 01-15-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post

And so do I.

The NFL/media tilts nipple to the Steelers. I've heard so much negative about Burfict, Pacman and Marvin Lewis this week. Yet I've heard very little to nothing about Tomlin, Munchak and Porter and their lack of tact. Where was the great Tomlin, the leader of men, the only man that can speak from both sides of his mouth and his ass at the same time, when his coach Joey "middle of the road linebacker with an elite mouth" Porter was illegally on the field? Everyone spewing that Marvin had no control over his players but no one said the same of Tomlin. The whole thing stinks.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    The NFL/media tilts nipple to the Steelers. I've heard so much negative about Burfict, Pacman and Marvin Lewis this week. Yet I've heard very little to nothing about Tomlin, Munchak and Porter and their lack of tact. Where was the great Tomlin, the leader of men, the only man that can speak from both sides of his mouth and his ass at the same time, when his coach Joey "middle of the road linebacker with an elite mouth" Porter was illegally on the field? Everyone spewing that Marvin had no control over his players but no one said the same of Tomlin. The whole thing stinks.
    I don't think the tilt is as strong as you suggest, but there is certainly a tilt. And I think part of the tilt is based on the reputation of both franchises, and also the reputation of the players involved. Burfict and Pacman have a reputation for being knuckleheads, especially Pacman. And when Pacman acts like a knucklehead with regards to Brown's injury, that just fuels the fire.

Also, to the winner go the spoils. If the Bengals had won, there wouldn't be as much discussion about what happened on the field, because they advanced. But this is a team that has not won a playoff game under Marvin Lewis in 13 seasons. Its not like its Peyton Manning, where he has many first round exits, but at the same time gets to superbowls and wins playoff games. At some point, you have to question why the Bengals can't win ONE playoff game under Marvin Lewis. Some of it you can attribute to circumstances out of Lewis' control, but not all of it. So yeah, a coach who keeps going out in the first round is going to be talked about more than Tomlin. Especially in the context that Tomlin was supposedly on the hot seat a year ago, despite winning superbowls with the Steelers. Yet, Marvin Lewis seems bulletproof at this point, despite the team's incompetence in the playoffs.

{100% certain that if that were the Bengals instead of the Packers, the catch would have been overturned. Or at the very least been ruled incomplete on the field.}
    "I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Williams View Post
    {100% certain that if that were the Bengals instead of the Packers, the catch would have been overturned. Or at the very least been ruled incomplete on the field.}
    Wouldn't have been overturned but 100% would have been ruled incomplete for at least a dozen teams, and Cincinatti is probably one of them.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post

Wouldn't have been overturned but 100% would have been ruled incomplete for at least a dozen teams, and Cincinatti is probably one of them.
    Every Cardinal but Larry tried to choke that game away. Incldung Bruce Arians.

Hail Larry.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte