Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things AFC North, 2016

Here's the punchline. The Browns just pulled their offer for ORT Mitchell Schwartz.

Jason Cole Verified account 
    ‏@JasonColeBR
    Multiple agents echoing criticism that #Browns are being extremely hesitant in negotiations

-----------------------------

New front office seems to be struggling

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    Jason Cole Verified account 
    ‏@JasonColeBR
    Multiple agents echoing criticism that #Browns are being extremely hesitant in negotiations

-----------------------------

New front office seems to be struggling
    If rumors are true the Browns made a lowball offer for Marvin Jones and then dropped out. Then dropped out again after the Osemele deal blew up their numbers regarding Schwartz. This after failing to close a deal for Benjamin. And now they lose Alex Mack because they won't bid against themselves. Plus, a rumor the Browns have absolutely zero interest in Mo Sanu.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    If rumors are true the Browns made a lowball offer for Marvin Jones and then dropped out. Then dropped out again after the Osemele deal blew up their numbers regarding Schwartz. This after failing to close a deal for Benjamin. And now they lose Alex Mack because they won't bid against themselves. Plus, a rumor the Browns have absolutely zero interest in Mo Sanu.
    Hue really picked a great landing spot for his last chance as HC.

The Browns continue to be the Browns. I don't necessarily think they needed to go buck wild with FA activity, but it seems to just be a way they go about things that makes them look inept. Still not sure why Hue was so quick to jump on that offer when other teams might have come calling.

Hue believes in himself so much he thinks he can overcome the issues in Cleveland, like Marvin did here. I really thought he'd go big for Marvin Jones though to pair up with the top QB in the draft. He's only going to get 2 years to show something and they've already lost some of their best pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    Hue believes in himself so much he thinks he can overcome the issues in Cleveland, like Marvin did here. I really thought he'd go big for Marvin Jones though to pair up with the top QB in the draft. He's only going to get 2 years to show something and they've already lost some of their best pieces.
    Maybe he's convinced the owner to truly build through the draft and give him the time to do so?

Perhaps... I don't think it was a mistake to pass on Marvin Jones at the price tag he ultimately got. I think it is more worrisome that they lost their WR... but I have no idea what he got in SD.

Mitchell Schwartz now officially an exBrown. Agrees to 5-year deal w/Chiefs.

Trevathan a Bear.

Browns still have some pieces, but losing 2 starters on the OL, especially, hurts. They still have Thomas and Bitonio (Cam Erving was terrible last year), Duke Johnson, a TE who was great last year, probably Josh Gordon, and Hawk. Plus some guys on D.

Hue will turn it around, I believe. Look what he did in Oakland with a not very good roster.