Thread: The sky is falling ... again!

The sky is falling ... again!

Watching the Chargers special teams made me throw up a little in my mouth. How do they not cover great punts by Scifres that could have downed the Chiefs inside their own five a couple times? How could they have such terrible coverage on punt and kickoff returns? How could Sproles be so awful in the return game?

The team played awful. They were incredibly inconsistent. The Defense did their job (except for Charles' TD run), but the pressure was non existent. The OLine got pushed around by Dorsey and did not show improvement in run blocking. The Receivers could not get open in critical situations and dropped far too many balls. For crying out loud, Gates was triple teamed on some plays, and the receivers could not get open being covered one on one. Did Crayton not suit up?

My God! This team was horribly unprepared. But then again I said the same thing in September last year. The Chargers play well as the season goes on (except in January), but one of these years they will have to pay for losing winnable games. I'm a Norv supporter, but losing such games only gives ammo to people that want to run him out of town.

I hope they can sign McNeill so that Clary can be sent to the bench where he belongs. The man is a (rhymes with ducking) liability.

With any luck, you won't be the last person to complain about punt returns when facing the Chiefs. They have two pretty good returners now.

I'm not going to put too much stock in that last game, the Chargers were totally stymied by the crowd and weather factors. Luckily they play 8 games in a quiet and sunny stadium every year. The special teams must improve though, it was a mess to say the least. The O-line could use McNeill, but he will not improve the run blocking much which seems to have problems creating holes for #24.

If the Chargers have another poor outing this week against Jacksonville, we fans might be watching a very mediocre season.
    Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or ****** beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.