Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how we can beat the colts

A more serious answer than previously:

The Giants can't get behind early. Since the clear weakness of the Colts is their run defense, the Giants can't get into a position where they have to play catch-up with the passing game.

Defensively, it's pretty obvious. Pressure Peyton, force FG's and not TD's, and get turnovers.

Honestly, I think even if the Giants play the Colts evenly, the special teams will find a way to screw it up.

Seemed to me like the coaches schemed expecting to lose.

Seemed like we tried to out-think the Colts instead of out-physical them. Bad idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan97 View Post
    Seemed like we tried to out-think the Colts instead of out-physical them. Bad idea.
    Your post made me think about Rodney Harrison giving his take at halftime or pregame, I can't remember. Anyway, he was talking about how defenses (primarily DB's) need to ignore Peyton when he starts with the audibles and verbage he calls out at the line. It seems like he was drawing in the safeties and burning them with that over the top ball. Come to think of it, it was halftime, because they showed the Dallas Clark play when Peyton drew the safety in with fake run audible calls, than ran a play action draw with Addai. The safety was salivating so much about sniffing out the run, he blew his coverage over the top, and Clark flew right by him. It's funny because Coughlin and Fewell were talking all week about ignoring the run (which is exactly what Harrison and Dungy said pregame too). I wouldn't feel too bad though, he has been doing that to defenses for a long time (even my Packers).
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

lets do this like a check list

Quote Originally Posted by section124 View Post
    i have a few ideas on how we can beat the colts.

step 1. clock control....ground and pound on offense mostly Mr. Jacobs has to have a big day.................... didnt happen. didnt even try terrible game plan by killdrive but thats to be expected from him

step 2. score touchdowns don't kick field goals. we did a great job last week in the green zone and that must continue... we did accomplish this we did not settle for field goals

step 3. cover dallas clark, we notoriously don't or can't cover a tight end well and he is the best....beat us on the game breaking score bad play by michael johnson

step 4. blitz blitz blitz Coach Fewell has to bring lost of pressure but also has to change up where the blitzes are coming from to try to surprise peyton. this match up being early in the season is good for us alot of what we do is not on tape yet for older brother to game plan against. defensive game plan was awful no pass rush, tried to make colts beat us on the ground which they did and we adjusted way to late

step 5. Dodge the bullet. This kid can't punt the way he did last week if we allow the colts to start outside the 20 all day we are dead the kid did a nice job good bounce back for him

step 6. win the turnover battle. dont turn it over and ball hawk on D the game breaker killer turnover 3 qb fumbles 2 lost one for a TD not a good job of blocking or blocking scheme gilbride again!

looking forward to your feedback and ideas as well!

Go Blue
    questions? comments? concerns? Have a nice Day
    now here is my question for the experts why is it not a false start for the guard to move his arm every time before the play. cris mentioned last night that saturday doesnt look for peyton for the snap the LG did and tapped saturday when to snap. i thought once the Oline gets in position they flinch its a false start so my definition of flinching is moving your arm. that should be called everytime. Can anyone clarify that rule for me?

I'm also curious on that.

Also, if thats the signal, how to the d-linemen not know exactly when to jump?

7. Quote Originally Posted by section124 View Post
    lets do this like a check list

now here is my question for the experts why is it not a false start for the guard to move his arm every time before the play. cris mentioned last night that saturday doesnt look for peyton for the snap the LG did and tapped saturday when to snap. i thought once the Oline gets in position they flinch its a false start so my definition of flinching is moving your arm. that should be called everytime. Can anyone clarify that rule for me?
    Centers move their arm all the time when pointing to the O-line's blocking responsibility. That is not considered a flinch. Lineman cannot move their arm when their hand is on the ground.

thanks for the clarification turk. im ok with the center doing it thats his job not the guards. it should be like 2 guys in motion competition committee needs to look at that

Quote Originally Posted by FessJL0861 View Post
    the Dallas Clark play when Peyton drew the safety in with fake run audible calls, than ran a play action draw with Addai
    The safety on this play was Michael Johnson. I commented to my friend afterwards, "does Johnson think it's still 2009?"

The joke being that the Giants safeties got killed on play action a lot last year. Especially CC Brown.

*grumble*

Last night was more of the same defensively. The Saints showed everyone that using a 3-5 step drop on the Giants virtually eliminated the D-line, and that is the strength of this defense. New coordinator, 4 new starters in the back 7, and nothing has changed. What's worse, the stinking smell of quitting is now wafting again in Giants land, and I fear it could overwhelm this team if any bounces don't go their way. The lack of leadership will not help, and I can't help but feel that we are about to watch Coughlin's last 14 games as an NFL coach...8-8 will not bring him back this time.