Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how we can beat the colts

how we can beat the colts

i have a few ideas on how we can beat the colts.

step 1. clock control....ground and pound on offense mostly Mr. Jacobs has to have a big day

step 2. score touchdowns don't kick field goals. we did a great job last week in the green zone and that must continue

step 3. cover dallas clark, we notoriously don't or can't cover a tight end well and he is the best

step 4. blitz blitz blitz Coach Fewell has to bring lost of pressure but also has to change up where the blitzes are coming from to try to surprise peyton. this match up being early in the season is good for us alot of what we do is not on tape yet for older brother to game plan against.

step 5. Dodge the bullet. This kid can't punt the way he did last week if we allow the colts to start outside the 20 all day we are dead

step 6. win the turnover battle. dont turn it over and ball hawk on D

looking forward to your feedback and ideas as well!

Go Blue
    questions? comments? concerns? Have a nice Day

Quote Originally Posted by section124 View Post
    step 4. blitz blitz blitz Coach Fewell has to bring lost of pressure but also has to change up where the blitzes are coming from to try to surprise peyton. this match up being early in the season is good for us alot of what we do is not on tape yet for older brother to game plan against.
    I would drop 2 of those blitzes. You can surprise Peyton with something he hasn't seen occasionally, but if you blitz too much he'll eat you alive.

Blog Entries
    Also, don't blitz with any more than 5. Good QBs stats against 6+ plus blitzes are really, really good. The best QBs want you to blitz. The Giants front four need to get pressure on their own in this one. Have Fewell come up some really random stuff this week and continue to mix coverages and be sure not to give away the same key for a coverage twice. From what I have read, Peyton had a ridiculous ability to find the small thing you changed for a new coverage and then exploit it if you do it again. Even something like a DE lining up in a gap instead of head-on on the same down and distance situation. Crazy.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Good gameplan overall.

My tips:
    -Rather than blitz, the down linemen will need to generate some pressure on their own.
    -Also, have players fake injuries to slow down Peyton's no huddle.

Quote Originally Posted by MattBer2c View Post
    Good gameplan overall.

My tips:
    -Rather than blitz, the down linemen will need to generate some pressure on their own.
    -Also, have players fake injuries to slow down Peyton's no huddle.
    With the way the Colts O line played last week, that shouldn't be a problem.
    Your 2nd point would be a b!tch move.

Steps to victory:

1) Re-watch Superbowl 42
    2) Repeat that defensive performance
    3) ???
    4) Profit

Ummmmm....

Score more points? Yep, that'll do it.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Dont blitz. Front 4 and 1 of the Lbs at most.

Bang Clark hard at the line of scrimage. Not a bump but a hard push
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

A few thoughts...
    *I don't think we win this year pounding the ball. Our passing game is our strength, and how can we not give Eli the opportunity to out-do big brother?
    *The whole blitzing thing didn't look so good last week. We just don't have the players who can get there outside of the D-line, so lets hope the Colts line is as pathetic this week as last week
    *Special teams all around must be significantly better...hopefully cutting Kehl sent the message that jobs are on the line if you can't play specials well.
    *Maybe, just maybe the Colts dynasty is ending...you never see these things coming, all of a sudden a great team starts to struggle, and we have to listen to Mark Schlereth bungle some sort of unintelligible explanation for their downfall...hopefully the Giants can be the harbingers of this

Eli needs to keep up with Peyton

I think the only way the Giants win is if Eli plays the game of his life (think SB playoff run). No picks, efficient passing, TDs not FGs and success in the 2 min drill.

Our passing D did not look good last week against matt moore (Peyton will not throw 3 picks in the end zone) so the offense must keep up.

Colts are a SB level team playing a 'must win' at home in their home opener. A very tough ask for the Giants to pull this one out.
    - Dom