Thread: The curious case of Robert Nkemdiche

Blog Entries

The curious case of Robert Nkemdiche

I recently saw some of his highlights and read an ESPN profile on him. They have me torn. Until now my opinion has been based entirely on how he has handled the Hotlanta Adventure and some of the idiotic dog and pony nonsense associated with the draft process. I now have more information and

This is what I like:
    1. Shocking quickness.
    2. Excellent kinesthetic sense. He shows an innate understanding of how his body position relative to Earth affects what he is trying to do to other people. I am not saying he has Bruce Smith level abilities in 1 and 2, but he does have excellent abilities in 1 and 2.
    3. Excellent tackler. His priority is getting dude on the ground rather than hitting him real hard. An anti-Clowney.

What I didn't like:
    1. He saves his showy hard hits for the QB after the ball has been released. I have never liked that extra shove. The guys it works on aren't any good anyway. Waste of energy and ref goodwill.
    2. The Alabama running back whose number is 17 goes down way too easily.
    3. It comes back to how he has handled the defenstration and his occasional "funk you" to guys involved I the draft process. This last combined with some things gleaned from the ESPN profile suggest that he and I have very similar personalities. At twice his age I can tell him that some of his behaviors are self-limiting. I just don't know if he can learn how to find balance in the Force soon enough to help my team.

As of today I am less certain about him than I was before. This is a complimentary thing. I don't know if he takes time off during games. That would go a long way toward telling me whether he is another Nick Fairley or another Fred Dryer.
    Last edited by ScottDCP; 04-28-2016 at 01:25 PM.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    Given what I now know about the hotel window misadventure, the th I miss Nnamdi check said after making sure nobody got into legal trouble, and the gas mask video, I think I know how Blemishes ended up on the ground next to the Marriott. In related news I am now more on his side than I was, although the code of silence should have been maintained. This is way less of a big deal than Reggie Nelson watching Aaron Hernandez shoot a guy in a car and not saying anything. I give him a pass on it. Still have reservations but they have been lessened.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    And if he is available in the second round I would like Buffalo to pick him, even after taking Lawson in the first.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!