Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOW is it time to panic in Dallas?

Blog Entries

NOW is it time to panic in Dallas?

We all know you can't read too much into Week 1. But after Week 2...well, that's a different story. After an anemic Cowboys offense fell to Washington last week, the general response was not to worry; the Cowboys would regroup, get things back together, and take it to Chicago in Week 2. After all, this is Jay Cutler we're talking about, and he loves giving presents to the defense.

Well, Week 2 is over for the Cowboys, and with it came a 27-20 loss in which Jay Cutler had a nearly flawless game. The Cowboys defense, which was supposed to be a feared unit in the NFC, looked terrible. It seemed as though they couldn't stop anybody. Last week the offense failed to show up, this week it was the defense. That's not a good thing for a team with such high expectations.

Now the Cowboys are staring at 0-2. I heard on "Around the Horn" this past Friday that teams with 0-2 records only have a 13% chance of reaching the playoffs. We've all heard so much lately about the Cowboys going to the Super Bowl this year, but it seems the odds are not on their side.

So, we were told not to panic in Week 1, but now that Week 2 has passed, I have to ask: Can we panic now?

Blog Entries
    I think a mild freak out would be in order, but you need to save total panic for the next time Alex Barron is in the lineup.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestree View Post
    I think a mild freak out would be in order, but you need to save total panic for the next time Alex Barron is in the lineup.
    I like that response, but I wonder what exactly constitutes a "mild freakout."

I dunno why you would be panicking, since you're a Steelers fan. But if I were a Dallas fan, I would worry if they dropped to 0-3. 0-2 can be over come- Ask the 2007 Giants.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    I dunno why you would be panicking, since you're a Steelers fan. But if I were a Dallas fan, I would worry if they dropped to 0-3. 0-2 can be over come- Ask the 2007 Giants.
    True, but only thirteen percent of 0-2 teams even make the playoffs historically. Those are still long odds.

Oh certainly. And to be honest, I'm OK with Dallas missing the playoffs. Just saying, it's not impossible.

Blog Entries
    I dunno why you would be panicking, since you're a Steelers fan.
    It's true I am a Steelers fan, but I also try to be an objective fan of the whole sport of football as well. I'm not worried at all, in fact I'm happy the Cowboys have been knocked down a peg. For the most part, I'd just like to hear other people's thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by NickMykita View Post
    It's true I am a Steelers fan, but I also try to be an objective fan of the whole sport of football as well. I'm not worried at all, in fact I'm happy the Cowboys have been knocked down a peg. For the most part, I'd just like to hear other people's thoughts.
    Word. Thought you were gonna be Buckeye Jr. and tell us you you have 92 favorite teams. =)

Blog Entries
    Word. Thought you were gonna be Buckeye Jr. and tell us you you have 92 favorite teams. =)
    LOL!!! Thanks for the shout-out Man! I'm sorry that Dallas has a 0-2 start to what was deemed as a Super Bowl Year at home! I think the Cowboys are gonna come around and do things but have a soft start with the 0-2; I'm patient & think they will get it done right next week
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Blog Entries
    For anyone interested, next week the Cowboys go on the road to take on Houston. In the past, I would write this game off, but Matt Schaub is putting up Pro Bowl numbers through 2 weeks (including a 400+ yard performance today against the Redskins). After that they have a bye, followed by a home game against Tennessee and a road game against the Vikings. Does anyone else think 0-5 is a real possibility for Dallas?