Thread: Don't mind me

Blog Entries

Don't mind me

I am just over here stating that Sammy Watkins' springtime broken foot is in no way going to affect the team's season and in no way reflects badly on the idiotic deal Whaley swung to draft him.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    Third season, sixth injury of note so far.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    So in this year's draft class, the first rounder just aggravated a shoulder injury, blowing year one. This got me to thinking about how Buffalo operates right now.. Only one team flagged it for re-appraisal, but I am looking for a larger picture. Second round guy, no injury history. Third round guy no injury history. Fourth? Doesn't count because he was a third stringer in college. Fifth? Running back with bad knee and foot. Sixth? Receiver with bad groin. Seventh? Corner who cannot cover with bad knee. Looks like they are swinging for the fences in the late rounds. Nice, but the problem is that the normal hit rate is cut by two thirds when you mix in significant leg injuries on guys who need to cut, stop hard, start fast, run fast, and be quick. No base. The only exceptions I can think of are Thurman Thomas, who came back to play well during his senior year, and nobody else. Am I missing something here? Do more guys have great careers after significant collegiate leg injuries than I remember?

In baseball, guys who swing from their ass never actually hit a home run. Always a pop up or strike. In golf, a worm burner, slice, or hook. It just never works. Taking out a loan against next week's Powerball jackpot is a worse bet, but not by a whole lot.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!