Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Predicting the opening day roster before training camp opens, 2016

Blog Entries
    The WR group is becoming interesting.

Apparently Walt Powell and Marquise Goodwin are playing so well that the coaches/GM want to expose them to injury so they don't have to make a decision contrary to their early expectations and narratives. I'm not saying it, somebody said it. Maybe they are.

Dezmin Lewis has not duplicated his spring excellence since donning protective gear.

Greg Little has been solid but while I truly cannot gauge the team's intent with him, I also cannot believe he has suddenly developed the ability to catch a routine pass in a tight game.

Jarrett Boykin hasn't gotten a lot of mention, but has been solid throughout August.

Easley hasn't gotten hurt yet, and might be coming back way faster than I anticipated.

Listenbee hasn't done much, but since he was drafted with a big old leg injury and was only recently re-introduced to running full speed, cannot fault him.

Salas has also been solid, but is working on his own hamstring injury (mild, I gather.)

Watkins has returned to practice, so he shouldn't be too injured until Columbus Day.

Woods is still irritating Whaley by being good at his job.

If I was to revise it today I would say Watkins, Woods, Salas, Listenbee, Easley, and Little make it, with Goodwin, Boykin, and Powell getting the shaft.
    I would also say that Watkins, Woods, Salas, Goodwin, Powell, and Easley should make it, with Listenbee getting the PUP treatment and ready to replace whichever of the others gets grievously injured early. Still don't trust Little's hands when it counts. In both cases I expect Boykin to be resigned late after someone else's grievous leg injury.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    Ryan has said that neither Listenbee nor Easley is close to returning, but also that PUP/IR is a premature discussion right now. Hmmmm. I think both start on PUP.

So:

Watkins
    Woods
    Salas
    Little
    Goodwin

to start the year. Add Boykin if they go 6. THen Boykin and whoever is injured first of the rest to be replaced when the other two come available.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    Local news outlets have Bryson Albright outperforming Eric Striker at OLB. Looks like I will have gotten that one wrong, too.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    I missed a few. Only one of them makes me angry. That is of course Manny Lawson. New coaching staffs hate him because he never attends voluntary mnicamps, and then knows the defense cold on his first day. He was also hired by Whaley's predecessor. Idiots.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    I just heard tell that the parting with Lawson was mutually agreeable. He is apparently tired of their ****.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    Will deal with some details later. Most proud to have guessed that they would replace Felton with Annen. Of course they actually replaced him with Gronkowski, but still.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    Who did I get wrong?

Sterling Moore and Javier Arenas have been released. They apparently want more safeties than guys who can cover since they kept 6 safeties and 4 cornerbacks. Seriously, they apparently expect 1. Nobody to get injured and w. Never to play against a good an or multiple good receivers in one game.

Lager Douzable. I dunno. I guess you need guys who have been in the defense before. Jerel Worthy the6 kept. I didn't expect the wisdom.

Gronkowski made it. So did Ryan Groy. Don't know much about them.

The previouslymentionedkicketsituation. In hindsight makes sense. A touchback is not as valuables a touchback artist is not as valued.

Kept Albright not Striker. Just dead wrong.

Reddick as mentioned got hurt.

They kept Jamari Lattimore. I have no idea who he is.

Also kept Meeks and Kouandjio. I don't get it. Cut as mentioned Karlos Williams, Leonard Hamlets in. Cut Desk In Lewis.

Added a couple new guys - Lerentee McCray and Ramon Number. No idea about either guy.

8-8.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!