Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 394

Thread: Who Are The Bengals Scouting? 2017

  1. #11
    Charlie Campbell says the Bengals interviewed Auburn FS/CB Jonathan "Rudy" Ford at the Senior Bowl.

    IMO Ford 5'11" 200 is an interesting "off the radar" prospect, once ranked the #1 FS prospect by Draftscout prior to the 2016 season. Due to injury he missed about half the season and now shows up as a 4th or 5th round guy on Kiper's rankings. The leading tackler for Auburn in 2014 and 2015 with 93 and 118 tackles respectively, his tackle numbers fell to 59 last year. Still was very very productive as a blitzer with 5.5 sacks last season. Of note, PFF grades him higher as a 5th CB than as a FS. Missed his bowl game and now finds himself as something of a forgotten man in draft circles.

    FWIW Campell also said the Bengals interviewed the small school QB named Pipkin, but I don't know a thing about him.

  2. #12
    Was ford the one who had that crazy miraculous return? Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else.

    Pipkin has been getting quiet buzz in draftnik circles for a couple of months now. It may be because the well seems so shallow at the position that people are digging deeper. One of your summary's said something about a perfect touch throw.

    I can't say how excited I am to finally be able to watch this afternoon.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Was ford the one who had that crazy miraculous return? Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else.

    Pipkin has been getting quiet buzz in draftnik circles for a couple of months now. It may be because the well seems so shallow at the position that people are digging deeper. One of your summary's said something about a perfect touch throw.

    I can't say how excited I am to finally be able to watch this afternoon.
    That wasn't Ford - Chris Davis was the guy. Ford was recruited as a RB... really fast. Had Onterrio McCalebb's number at Auburn. He's versatile, and a high-character kid. Was Auburn's leading tackler a few times.

    I watched some of Pipkin on NFL-N during the practices. He looks like he's got a nice arm. Not very tall (shade under 6-1). Was super-rpductive but played at a really small school, and reportedly Whitfield (QB "guru") has been working with him. It's early but during the 7 on 7s yesterday he seemed to tuck it and run a fair amount, rather than stand in and throw.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Pipkin has been getting quiet buzz in draftnik circles for a couple of months now. It may be because the well seems so shallow at the position that people are digging deeper. One of your summary's said something about a perfect touch throw.
    That's right, I remember now. He threw a perfect over the shoulder ball to OJ Howard. Howard made a great catch and I immediately forgot the guy who threw the pass. Ain't that the way?

    Truth is QB has been off my radar, but shouldn't be if the Bengals are serious about trading McCarron.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    If writing about the NFL doesn't work out for him, I'm sure Panera would be happy to have him.

  6. #16
       
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    If writing about the NFL doesn't work out for him, I'm sure Panera would be happy to have him.
    boo!

  7. #17
    That joke was so bad I thought Tex wrote it.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    That joke was so bad I thought Tex wrote it.
    I think you mean Hobs.

  9. #19
    I can spell just fine.

  10. #20
    h/t alleycat


    Senior Bowl meeting

    Cincinnati Bengals - East Carolina wide receiver Zay Jones
    Read more at http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl...RkDMQFKAogO.99


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •