Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Are The Bengals Scouting? 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    h/t alleycat

Senior Bowl meeting

[FONT="]Cincinnati Bengals - [/FONT][FONT="]East Carolina wide receiver Zay Jones [/FONT]
    Read more at http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl...RkDMQFKAogO.99

Zay what?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Charlie Campbell says the Bengals interviewed Auburn FS/CB Jonathan "Rudy" Ford at the Senior Bowl.

IMO Ford 5'11" 200 is an interesting "off the radar" prospect, once ranked the #1 FS prospect by Draftscout prior to the 2016 season. Due to injury he missed about half the season and now shows up as a 4th or 5th round guy on Kiper's rankings. The leading tackler for Auburn in 2014 and 2015 with 93 and 118 tackles respectively, his tackle numbers fell to 59 last year. Still was very very productive as a blitzer with 5.5 sacks last season. Of note, PFF grades him higher as a 5th CB than as a FS. Missed his bowl game and now finds himself as something of a forgotten man in draft circles.

FWIW Campell also said the Bengals interviewed the small school QB named Pipkin, but I don't know a thing about him.
    Antonio Pipkin. Talented kid. Really athletic. Big arm. Would need some time to learn to read defenses better, but has some amazing tape. I like him a lot.

Cincinnati Enquirer Bengals beat writer Jim Owczarski is also down in Alabama and had an interesting report from Mobile. He says the following seven players are among the prospects in the Senior Bowl who the Bengals “found interesting”:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/1/27/14408580/7-players-who-bengals-found-interesting-at-senior-bowl

Blog Entries
    Ugh not Clement. He isn't good at all.

Also really really hope they aren't thinking about taking O.J. Howard at 9.

The Bengals have been doing their research at these positions, according to Walter Football, recently meeting with Auburn safety Johnathan ‘Rudy’ Ford and Tiffin quarterback Antonio Pipkin at the 2017 Senior Bowl.

The Bengals have been doing their research at these positions, according to Walter Football, recently meeting with Auburn safety Johnathan ‘Rudy’ Ford and Tiffin quarterback Antonio Pipkin at the 2017 Senior Bowl.
    Ford is really interesting... made a bunch of plays for Auburn. Versatile, too, and he should run a good 40.

Pipkin was at the Sr. Bowl. Looked like he had a nice arm, and was elusive out of the pocket. Given where he went to school, it'd probably take some time for him to develop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Ford is really interesting... made a bunch of plays for Auburn. Versatile, too, and he should run a good 40.

Pipkin was at the Sr. Bowl. Looked like he had a nice arm, and was elusive out of the pocket. Given where he went to school, it'd probably take some time for him to develop.
    Yeah he definitely would need time to develop, which is expected of a late round QB pick, but he would have that time here. I like him late or as a priority UDFA.

Blog Entries
    Cincinnati Enquirer Bengals beat writer Jim Owczarski is also down in Alabama and had an interesting report from Mobile. He says the following seven players are among the prospects in the Senior Bowl who the Bengals “found interesting”:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/1/27/14408580/7-players-who-bengals-found-interesting-at-senior-bowl

Taylor is a name I would love to draft in the 3rd, tho I'm not sure he makes it that far. Davenport is another interesting name. Kid has talent. Wormley would have to play inside for us I would think. Reddick would be great, but I don't see any chance he makes it to 41 and he isn't worth 9. I'd rather have Njoku than Howard personally.

Banner at RG would move people.

Of the seven players listed, none had actual visits with the Bengals during Senior Bowl week.

As noted earlier in the thread....they met with Zay Jones.