Thread: Week one thoughts...

Blog Entries

Week one thoughts...

1. I only saw parts of the third and fourth quarters, plus a few highlights.
    2. Taylor moved lke a gu ywhose back hurt.
    3. Penalties suck, even when they are legit. The only one that bothered me was on the fourth quarter sack of Taylor. Eric Wood was called for holding, which he did, but the Baltimore defender was not called for tackling with the top of the back of the jersey, which he did, and which should have resulted in a replay of down.
    4. Buffalo's pass offense is ****ty.
    5. Buffalo's run offense is ****ty.
    6. I blame Greg Roman and his predictability, plus the Right GUard not really being all that good at his job.
    7. I saw the MIke Wallace touchdown. Know what else I saw n that play? Duke WIlliams in one on one coverage against him. Andy, yyou can poin t out to Cris, if he hasn't spotted it, that a halfway decent offense will throw at that coverage EVERY ****ING TIME. And do well with it.
    8. Colton Schmidt is becoming a decent punter, but he is not a good hholder. Different tilt and Buffalo at least has another 3 points.
    9. Rex Ryan is **** on a clock.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    10. Fire 'em all, from Russ Brandon through Doug Whaley and Rex Ryan, top to bottom. FIre 'em all.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    11. There was one penalty that upset me for its frustratingness. Jerel Worthy was flagged for using another player to debate himself in blocking a kick. First I never saw it because the reply CBS chose was useless. Let us assume that he did. There is no reason for a guy 6'1", 300to jump to block a kick. He will never male it. Every ****ing time an interior guy has blocked a kick he is at least 6'4" AND he has gotten penetration NOT elevation. I blame the kicking teams coordinator, Danby Crossman. I have done that before. I am not planning to stop now. That penalty cost two minutes. Potentially a full possession. *******s.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    Watching that game felt like total crap. Except the D was quite solid. Shady and Reggie juke and jive to no and negative avail and Taylor has lost his mojo. Only consolation the knowledge that week #1 is not necessarily representative. I do remember the 31-0 bookend season, after all. But, that's much more likely to be relevant if the Bills look good early than when they look bad. Ugly feeling.

Blog Entries
    Taylor looked to me like he was pressing throughout the seconds half. He was tight, the ball sailed high, over and over. Sigh. Hope he works it out.

Oh yeah, Corey Glenn is out this Thursday, making Cyrus Kouandjio the starting LT. Thus oughta be good.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    Did Adolphus Washington play? He didn't show up in the box score. Was he targeted? Did he ju occupy space? Did he influence any plays? Did he put had mself out of a lot of plays? Is he the second coming of John McCargo?
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!