Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: long time season ticket holder

long time season ticket holder

fireman ed was charged with assault today. the assault is in connection to the shoving of the giants fan during the pre season game. if you or i assaulted someone in the stadium we would have our tickets revoked.

so lets here it should he lose his tickets or not?

i vote yes!

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...nzalone_c.html

Here's a video of the incident:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=10c_1282620469

I don't know if it's true, but I have read that the person he was shoving was arrested as soon as he got back to his seat. Seems pretty clear that Ed instigated all the contact. If the other guy is banned for life then it seems pretty clear that Ed should be too. In the end hopefully cooler heads will prevail and both will just be required to publicly admit that they were acting like children. If football stadiums start banning people for pushing (or worse, being pushed as is the case with the other guy) they're going to have a tough time filling the stadiums.

Blog Entries
    I'm not a Jets fan, but I like Fireman Ed. And after watching that video, I don't know if that's even really anything major. I'd have both Ed and the Giants fan give up tickets for one game, if that. It seems like a lot of overreaction to me.

Seriously? I wish I had something else to add here. Suffice it to say that this is small. Really small.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

That little bump was grounds for assault? Did he damage the Giants fan's vagina? Seriously?

im not saying it was assault. my question is since im a regular guy if i was charged with assault at a stadium i would have my tickets taken away, so im expecting the same punishment for fireman ed. if it good for the goose its good for the gander.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    That little bump was grounds for assault? Did he damage the Giants fan's vagina? Seriously?
    Classic! This comment should rank with Jack Lambert's' about quarterbacks wearing dresses.

Let me get this straight. Drunk guy pisses off moron who retaliates by nudging him? Sounds like the line for the washrooms at Ralph Wilson stadium.

Who knew Giants fans were such whiners?

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    Classic! This comment should rank with Jack Lambert's' about quarterbacks wearing dresses.

Let me get this straight. Drunk guy pisses off moron who retaliates by nudging him? Sounds like the line for the washrooms at Ralph Wilson stadium.

Who knew Giants fans were such whiners?
    I would agree, but like I said I've read several places that the other guy (apparently named Christopher Black) was immediately arrested and banned from the stadium for life. So drunk guy pisses off a moron who nudges him and the drunk guy gets arrested for being nudged. If I was banned from my team's stadium for life for being pushed by someone who got no punishment I would press charges too, just to show the inequity.

Blog Entries
    Oh, god, Clem, reading this made me laugh so hard I spewed coffee everywhere.

Those were my thoughts as well. Seriously, the guy was deliberately trying to act like an a-hole. I felt Ed showed great restraint by just shoving him. The jerk Giants fan really got off light in my mind.

I do think banning him for life is going overboard, unless the idea behind the ban is to ensure he doesn't try and start a fight at some other game. Watching the video, it appears as if the idiot Giant fan's only goal was to cause trouble. In that context, I can see where the owners of the stadium wouldn't want someone like that attending their facility as it could open them up for a lawsuit should the same idiot Giants fan hurt someone down the line.