Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wherein I predict the outcomes of the games for Week 2:

Blog Entries
    Because Roman is and should be just the beginning of the bloodletting.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    I like the Roman firing. The D was almost adequate Thursday. Should have stuffed that first drive but ended up on the field for 8 minutes. Gassed by the end after O either fizzles or scores in 10 seconds. Short week added to their woes. Offense has been amateur hour last two years. Is it Taylor? He is missing open guys so quite possibly yes. He doesn't see the field. Was it coordinator? At least partially.

I still think they may never recover from trading up for a WR. I read a statistical analysis after that move that showed that teams that merely pick a WR top 4 suffer, and the few who trade up experience tortuous suffering. I would can Whaley, get a real football guy in there, and give Rex the rest of the year. I think I'm most depressed if Whaley sticks around.
    Last edited by Swami; 09-18-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    I agree completely.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

I' so busy being p***** off at the NFL for their underwhelming reaction to what happened in Denver last week that I am having trouble focusing on this week's games. Indy will lose at Denver, and the Broncos will beat the living crap out of Luck in any way they choose, because they know they can get away with it. Not that it would matter much, because the Colts don't have any DBs left, so even the Guy Who Is Not Manning (seriously, I still cannot remember his name) should put up big numbers, and CJ Anderson will run unchecked. Luck will probably be injured again, and the Colts' season will be over. The only positives I saw for the Colts last week are that Luck is relatively healthy, and he's still a beast, and Dorsett actually CAUGHT PASSES! It's a documented fact! You could, as they say, look it up!

I can't imagine my Panthers losing at home to SF, but it's clear that we still have the same old problems on the offensive line, and I was surprised at how easily Denver was able to run on the D. Granted, Denver is still an extremely tough team and they barely beat the Panthers under extremely pro-Bronco conditions, but Anderson got away from them often enough to give me pause.

I can't even talk about Bengals-Steelers. I don't get to see it, I don't get to hear it...just going to sit back and wait for the weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post

I can't even talk about Bengals-Steelers. I don't get to see it, I don't get to hear it...just going to sit back and wait for the weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth to begin.

well if you want to hear it:

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/...0-fac7d1e0e426

Blog Entries
    The NFL caught a huge break with Denver-Carolina. The media so fixated on 'was the protocol followed with 45 seconds left in the game', that they did not focus on 'Why was the officiating so bad in a second straight Carolina/Denver game?" And much like the Super Bowl, it was bad on both sides. There were flags picked up for strange reasons, there were the non called on the hits against Cam, and then there was the grounding.

Ok, technically, it was grounding. But, just three days later, while not even trying to get out of the pocket, Wilson throws a duck that doesn't get within 5 yards of the LOS, and there is no grounding flag.

The fact that Cam does not get the same calls as every other QB needs to be the only thing Rivera talks about. I'd like to see him tell the media 'Until you give the mugging of the defending MVP the same focus you gave deflategate, I will not answer any questions."

And why were there no suspensions given to Denver? The last hit, the one that was called, was a pure spearing H2H. That should be a 5 game suspension. At least. (Given Bell and Brady's suspensions of 3 and 4 games for less serious things).
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

Blog Entries
    So I will be getting between 7 and 9 wrong. Yikes.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    Did anyone else see that the same Denver player who went H2h on Cam did the same exact thing to Luck? He was flagged, and there was no grounding to negate it this time, but it seems that a 12k fine is not a deterrent against taking a cheap shot on a really good QB.

Maybe it's time to suspend Coaches when this happens. That might create accountability.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

9. This is just now sinking in...

The Lions lost to the freaking Titans. They had THREE touchdowns brought back because of penalties.

/smdh
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    So I will be getting between 7 and 9 wrong. Yikes.
    10-6 this week, 21-11 for the season over here.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports