Thread: 3 Bold Claims

3 Bold Claims

1. Bernard Berrian is going to go off this week. At home against a weak secondary that will gear up against Shiancoe=lots of Berrian targets. I think 14-16 points are in store for him, and he'll carry my team to the third victory in a row to start the season. And then I'll sell him high after Week 4 for a decent back-up RB, plug Holmes in as my #3 receiver, and be well on my way to an undefeated season.

2. My team is the most boring team in our league. Not a single player in my starting line-up is either young or exciting. Let me read off the names as of now:
    Kyle Orton. Steven Jackson. Clinton Portis. Larry Fitz. Steve Smith [Carolina version]. Antonio Gates. Bernard Berrian.

Boring. But extremely effective.

3. Andy gave me a bunch of [fill-in-the-blank] for drafting Derek Anderson. He just traded for him this week. How does crow taste?

'Nough said.
    “There is an old saying about the strength of the wolf is the pack, and I think there is a lot of truth to that. On a football team, it's not the strength of the individual players, but it is the strength of the unit and how they all function together.”--Bill Belichick

I did not trade for Derek Anderson (my strategy here is to flat out lie. I realize I already admitted to trading for anderson in another thread, but if I had any pride or integrity left I wouldn't have traded for him in the first place). Why would I trade for Derek Anderson when I already have Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees (as long as I'm lying, I might as well do it right).

Why did you trade for DA when Trent Edwards is on the wire?

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Why did you trade for DA when Trent Edwards is on the wire?
    You mean the bench?
    “There is an old saying about the strength of the wolf is the pack, and I think there is a lot of truth to that. On a football team, it's not the strength of the individual players, but it is the strength of the unit and how they all function together.”--Bill Belichick

7 starting QB's are now on the pines or out due to injury. At this rate fantasy players will be praised for having the foresight to jump on Jimmy Clausen (like I just did ).
    My hypocrisy goes only so far.

That's only one claim, really. The other two are just statements of opinion.

Okay fine. I just benched Steve Smith for Louis Murphy this week, too.

I don't ever want to own any Raiders receiver that isn't named Zach Miller.

Going against the Cardinals with Gradkowski, I like him a lot more than some others.