Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: FP 2016 Upset Special Challenge: Week Seven or the Epic Terribadness which is the Detroit Lions Defense

I'm tempted by no upsets, SD and MIA... not much to pick from so here's going against the logic of being lucky two weeks in a row...
    it's the 'fins to win... MIA

Browns

Saints, please.

My Lions are really, really bad on defense. No, No. I mean It may end up as the worst NFL defense ever charted by the guys over at Football Outsiders..
    Dude, how can they be worse than the Panthers? I mean.....just.....HOW???

5. Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Dude, how can they be worse than the Panthers? I mean.....just.....HOW???
    • Garbage LB play
    • Secondary an absolute sieve
    • Haloti Ngata hurt ALL THE FREAKING TIME
    • Deandre Levy HURT ALL THE FREAKING TIME
    • Ziggy Ansah and his (unreported) high ankle sprain
    • Glover Quin forgetting how to play football
    • Tahir Whitehead being a ****ty MLB
    • NOT ****ING DRAFTING AARON FREAKING DONALD WHEN HE WAS RIGHT THERE FOR THE TAKING AND TAKING THE HUMAN ACE BANDAGE THAT IS ERIC ****ING EBRON INSTEAD

^That, for starters.
    Last edited by Patrick Sullivan; 10-23-2016 at 10:48 AM. Reason: #****ing lions
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    • Garbage LB play
    • Secondary an absolute sieve
    • Haloti Ngata hurt ALL THE FREAKING TIME
    • Deandre Levy HURT ALL THE FREAKING TIME
    • Ziggy Ansah and his (unreported) high ankle sprain
    • Glover Quin forgetting how to play football
    • Tahir Whitehead being a ****ty MLB
    • NOT ****ING DRAFTING AARON FREAKING DONALD WHEN HE WAS RIGHT THERE FOR THE TAKING AND TAKING THE HUMAN ACE BANDAGE THAT IS ERIC ****ING EBRON INSTEAD

^That, for starters.
    May I submit Matt Barkley and no good draft picks outside of Kyle Long from the last five seasons?
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

7. Oh, and screw the eyeballs out of the Buckeyes for losing to PSU yesterday. The Game should have seen two undefeateds square off for all the marbles.

Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    Oh, and screw the eyeballs out of the Buckeyes for losing to PSU yesterday. The Game should have seen two undefeateds square off for all the marbles.

Bastards.
    The first Cooper-like loss of the Urrrbbbb era. Really pissed off about it, actually. Now, the only route is to ruin Harbs' perfect season and then win the next week, too. Unless you are trying to tie or win the game and only have 11 seconds to rush a field goal team on, I will never support hurrying the FG team on for any other reason. It was even worse when considering the ST play (previous blocked punt, muffed punt on a return) and the weather during the game. Look, if the kid still makes the great play, so be it; but I will not be convinced that the timing did not have something to do with it.

Even if you aren't confident in the deep ball, you have to give some real shots at it before the final drive. Chris Samuel was the best player on the field and had 10 total touches on offense. I didn't see a single slant thrown in the final 10 minutes despite Penn State solely run gap assignments and wide 9 blitzes. I get that I am a nobody on a couch without the knowledge of being in the huddle, but this sh** should not be so obvious.

Oh, and that was blatant PI on the one deep ball on the final drive, but they should not have left themselves in that situation after being up 14 in the final quarter.

Go Tribe.
    Last edited by Rich Gapinski; 10-23-2016 at 02:32 PM.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

9. Go Tribe, indeed.

Everything Rich said about Ohio State: they squandered way too many opportunities to put the game away; they really need to start clearing safeties out by taking shots down the field so they can open up some space either in the catch-and-run intermediate passing game, thereby getting those linebackers off the LOS; and sweet Christ, even if you think you can run a field goal unit onto the field in the allotted time, that kick in that situation was important enough to burn a timeout. If Ohio State wins out, that Michigan game is for all the marbles and is probably for a playoff berth, but bluntly, the Buckeyes really need to improve on offense if they're going to beat Michigan this year. The defense is fine.

And Lord, please, go Tribe.