Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mock Drafts

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    Yeah. I went back and rewatched Howard again. I still prefer Njoku, but after rewatching Howard and 2nd and a 3rd time this week, he has the talent to be very very good.
    Phew! Just glad you didn't say that anyone who wanted Howard "doesn't deserve to be a fan of this team."

The only comfort I take from the Hobson media mocks is how inaccurate they tend to be. Last year, he mocked us a WR in one, a DT in another, and shrugged in his final mock (simply said we wouldn't draft a QB, TE, or Tackle)...

If I thought the team was this clever, I would assume that mock and write-up was directed by the front office to plant the trade down seed of thought with a team that wants Howard...
    Last edited by membengal; 03-19-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    If I thought the team was this clever, I would use that mock and write-up was directed by the front office to plant the trade down seed of thought with a team that wants Howard...
    You never know. I always feel like the Bengals.com stuff is throwing darts blindfolded, and it isn't until Lap speaks right before the draft that anything becomes clear... last year's thread declared this time of year as the official beginning of lying season.

Also saw a thing HOF posted in last year's draft thread (page 21 of the forums has the thread) that was interesting. It was a repost of something a Minnesota guy worked out. It's some sort of stats thing predicting which of the 2016 WRs would be stars, starters, or busts. Claimed to be 70% accurate. Boyd was cemented in the busts category... Hope he's in the 30%.

I was thinking last night, the 5 guys I MOST want (regardless of ranking) are Garrett, Hooker, Fournette, Foster, and Ross. I know the first isn't happening, and the next 2 probably aren't either, but Foster and Ross both can.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    I was thinking last night, the 5 guys I MOST want (regardless of ranking) are Garrett, Hooker, Fournette, Foster, and Ross. I know the first isn't happening, and the next 2 probably aren't either, but Foster and Ross both can.
    I wouldn't like Ross at 9 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Also saw a thing HOF posted in last year's draft thread (page 21 of the forums has the thread) that was interesting. It was a repost of something a Minnesota guy worked out. It's some sort of stats thing predicting which of the 2016 WRs would be stars, starters, or busts. Claimed to be 70% accurate. Boyd was cemented in the busts category... Hope he's in the 30%.
    Well, I may have posted it, but I always liked Boyd. I even remember a thread during the combine where I stuck my neck out by saying both Boyd and Michael Thomas looked as good as any of the WR's projected to be 1st rounders. I also nailed Malcolm Mitchell and Tajae Sharpe as mid rounders who were much better than their rankings suggested. I thought both were 3rd round worthy. In fact, after Sharpe was picked (5th round?) I wrote something about not being interested in any WR still on the board, including Cody Core.

That said, there's a reason I don't get paid for this. For just one example, I'm still waiting for Josh Doctson to do something...anything....to justify the praise I heaped upon him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Well, I may have posted it, but I always liked Boyd. I even remember a thread during the combine where I stuck my neck out by saying both Boyd and Michael Thomas looked as good as any of the WR's projected to be 1st rounders. I also nailed Malcolm Mitchell and Tajae Sharpe as mid rounders who were much better than their rankings suggested. I thought both were 3rd round worthy. In fact, after Sharpe was picked (5th round?) I wrote something about not being interested in any WR still on the board, including Cody Core.

That said, there's a reason I don't get paid for this. For just one example, I'm still waiting for Josh Doctson to do something...anything....to justify the praise I heaped upon him.
    I wanted Michael Thomas with our first round pick so bad.

Last year was a total washout for Josh - he was never healthy. I'm anxious to see how he does this fall, especially given that the Skins have lost Garçon and Desean.

Crowder will no doubt get a lot of touches, as will Pryor - but I expect Josh to get a bunch, too.

Yeah, I don't think you posted that with Boyd in mind. We were all talking about Fuller, Doctson, and Thomas during that time.