Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article: Tailgating: The CFP Report

Article: Tailgating: The CFP Report

"I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll

Well, if we’ve learned anything from the past week, it’s that we know nothing. You’d think we’d have already learned that, but it seems like each year we’re reminded at some point of exactly how little we know.

There's one thing I know. Alabama is going to be your national champion. Even if they have a subpar game in the playoff, they can still win. They are that good.

Ohio State survives Michigan State 17-16 in the standard windy, nasty November Michigan weather. Dantonio decided to go for 2 after a late TD, and it didn't work out. Michigan State scares the crap out of me heading into next week. It's really tough to envision that Sparty would end the conference season with their only win coming against Rutgers.
    "I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll

Blog Entries
    What a horrible way for Michigan to lose. As someone with no horse in the race, who barely even watches college football, I feel bad for them. They made a stop on that 4th down. Barrett had to get to the 15, and the arm with the ball never gets there.

Both the NCAA and the NFL need to start putting mobile camera's on the sidelines, small ones, that can look right down the LOS for plays like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    What a horrible way for Michigan to lose. As someone with no horse in the race, who barely even watches college football, I feel bad for them. They made a stop on that 4th down. Barrett had to get to the 15, and the arm with the ball never gets there.

Both the NCAA and the NFL need to start putting mobile camera's on the sidelines, small ones, that can look right down the LOS for plays like that.
    It did seem to be a generous spot by the refs.

I don't know. Live, I really wasn't sure if Barrett made the 15, and you knew as soon as the play was over that there was no way the spot could be overturned on replay. That said:

It looks to me like he's got the 15 in this shot. It's important to remember, too, that since the original LOS in OT is at the true 25 yard line, the spot basically adheres to the same principle as the goal line: if any of the ball touches chalk on the 15 yard line for forward progress, that is a first down.

Also, if you have three turnovers and only manage 90 yards of offense in the second half, it's really not the day to blame your defeat on the officials.

I thought Barrett got the 15. I thought the PI on Michigan was clear. It is possible they missed the PI against Ohio State, but even after seeing the replay the first time, I thought he avoided any hindering contact on the WR.

VERY bad look for Harbaugh.

-Chuck Noll

Blog Entries
    Yeah.

I thought Michigan played better for most of the game. But, they made too many mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Kocsan View Post

It looks to me like he's got the 15 in this shot. It's important to remember, too, that since the original LOS in OT is at the true 25 yard line, the spot basically adheres to the same principle as the goal line: if any of the ball touches chalk on the 15 yard line for forward progress, that is a first down.

Also, if you have three turnovers and only manage 90 yards of offense in the second half, it's really not the day to blame your defeat on the officials.
    You are right. At the end of the day, Ohio State played better to win the game. So you can't really blame the refs. Don't let Curtis Samuel get close enough on the previous play after running around for like 40 yards to gain 8.5 yards, and you are going into another overtime at best and possibly even winning the game right there because they have a long field goal for the kicker who had the yips.

10. That was far too good a game to go whining about the zebras.

Whether Barrett got the 15 or not, that was the call on the field. There was no concrete evidence he did or did not make it. Therefore, the ruling stands.

Score more points. Make sure the other guys score less.

Period.

Oh. And don't throw your clipboard in the air like a petulant child.

Go Blue.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues