Chargers are in for a long season
Immediate reaction to the Seattle debacle.
- Supposed Super Bowl teams should destroy teams with far less talent - San Diego consistently loses to teams with far less talent.
- Dombrowski looked terrible this week - counting on him moving to the right side when Marcus is back, not sure where though depending on how long Vasquez is going to be out.
- Mike Tolbert is not an every down back. Mathews cannot get healthy fast enough in my opinion.
- The receiving core is fine without VJ - Crayton was a nice pickup and Buster made a couple of nice grabs, but seeing him on the training table everytime they went to a sideline shot is discouraging.
- Shawne Merriman is playing (or not) his last season in a Charger uniform - he cannot stay on the field long enough to hint at being a playmaker (what's the old adage about getting off the juice and turning into an injury prone has-been?)
- The Chargers Linebacker depth is amazing - Cooper, English, and Merriman were all out for this game and the backup LB's still played very well. The Chargers drafted English to eventually replace Merriman - if they wanted another injury riddled LB they drafted very well.
- Special teams coach Steve Crosby should be fired first thing tomorrow or tonight if possible - don't let him near this team again. If Kasim Osgood was the glue that held the unit together - trade VJ to Jax straight up for KO and pay him instead. This unit has cost the Chargers two of three games so far this early season. Hopefully next week they will just kick everything out of bounds on punts or kickoffs - the 40 is easier to defend than the endzone.
Last edited by Resdog154; 09-26-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Reason: cleaned up the rant
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or ****** beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.