Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Playoff Picture

Blog Entries
    KC is a threat. Less so if the game is at Foxboro.

Pittsburgh is a threat. On the days where Ben, Brown, and Bell are in sync, the Steelers can beat anyone.

I think Oakland is a little threat, if Mack has a monster day.

I'd be shocked if we lost to Miami or Houston if we played them.

But, let's not forget any given Sunday.

The 2001 Pats were not better than the 2001 Rams.

The 2007 Giants were not better than the 2007 Pats.

But, on those two Sunday's, that didn't matter.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

2. Considering how banged up and just plain old bad the Lions' secondary is, Sunday is going to be dicey.

Why the Lions should be looked at sideways when talk about playoff wins starts up:

- Worst secondary/pass defense in the league Once again, Detroit has practice squad call-ups starting at DB. Add LB to that list as well.
    - Ziggy Ansah has only two sacks all year (high ankle sprain)
    - Our offensive play calling is atrocious (WTF happened to Zach Zenner against Dallas? Dude scored two TDs, was averaging 5.6/YPC 12/67), had two catches for 25 yards and then POOF! He was gone like a fart in the wind. Kid played 75% of the Lions' snaps with almost no touches after halftime.)
    - This team is still prone to bonehead penalties and untimely turnovers.
    - The CaldwellBot is still terrible at clock management.
    - After a red hot start, Marvin Jones' production has dipped. This mostly due, IMO, to the fact he has had too many drops. The only consistent WR they have has been Anquan Boldin. Eric Ebron has alleviates some of that by coming on late in the year as well.
    Last edited by Patrick Sullivan; 12-28-2016 at 02:06 PM.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Blog Entries
    I know it's been a few days, but, here's the Week 17 NFC side of the picture.

1. Dallas: The Cowboys are locked in the NFC 2 seed.
    2. Atlanta: The Falcons claim the 2 seed with a win over the Saints. They also get it if they tie and the Seahawks lose; or if the Seahawks lose and the Lions lose or try; or the Seahawks tie and the Lions lose. The Falcons cannot be worse than the 3 seed.
    3. Seattle: The Seahawks are in. They move from 3 to 2 if they win and the Falcons lose or tie; or they tie, Atlanta loses and the Packers/Lions game ends in a tie.
    4. Green Bay: The Packers are currently the 4 seed. The winner of the Packers/Lions game becomes the 4. Green Bay keeps the 4 with a win or tie over the Lions. If they lose to the Lions, they can get in still. They would need Washington to lose or for Washington to tie, Tampa to win, and one of Seattle, Jacksonville, Houston or Philly win or tie.
    5. New York: The Giants are locked in at 5. They go to the winner of Detroit/Green Bay next week.
    6. Lions: The Lions are currently the 6 seed. The winner of the Packers/Lions game becomes the 4. The Lions keep the 4 with a win. They get the 2 seed if they win and Atlanta loses and Seattle loses or ties.

However, two other teams are alive in the NFC.

Washington: The Redskins have two ways in. If they win and Packers/Lions is not a tie they get in. They also get in if they tie, the Packers lose, and Tampa loses or ties.

Tampa Bay: The Bucs have a very small chance to get in. They get in if they win, Washington ties, and Green Bay loses and all of Tennesee, Indy, Dallas and San Francisco win.

I am rooting for the Packers and Lions to play nothing but backups and play to the 0-0 tie so that both get in

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    I know it's been a few days, but, here's the Week 17 NFC side of the picture.

1. Dallas: The Cowboys are locked in the NFC 2 seed.
    2. Atlanta: The Falcons claim the 2 seed with a win over the Saints. They also get it if they tie and the Seahawks lose; or if the Seahawks lose and the Lions lose or try; or the Seahawks tie and the Lions lose. The Falcons cannot be worse than the 3 seed.
    3. Seattle: The Seahawks are in. They move from 3 to 2 if they win and the Falcons lose or tie; or they tie, Atlanta loses and the Packers/Lions game ends in a tie.
    4. Green Bay: The Packers are currently the 4 seed. The winner of the Packers/Lions game becomes the 4. Green Bay keeps the 4 with a win or tie over the Lions. If they lose to the Lions, they can get in still. They would need Washington to lose or for Washington to tie, Tampa to win, and one of Seattle, Jacksonville, Houston or Philly win or tie.
    5. New York: The Giants are locked in at 5. They go to the winner of Detroit/Green Bay next week.
    6. Lions: The Lions are currently the 6 seed. The winner of the Packers/Lions game becomes the 4. The Lions keep the 4 with a win. They get the 2 seed if they win and Atlanta loses and Seattle loses or ties.

However, two other teams are alive in the NFC.

Washington: The Redskins have two ways in. If they win and Packers/Lions is not a tie they get in. They also get in if they tie, the Packers lose, and Tampa loses or ties.

Tampa Bay: The Bucs have a very small chance to get in. They get in if they win, Washington ties, and Green Bay loses and all of Tennesee, Indy, Dallas and San Francisco win.

I am rooting for the Packers and Lions to play nothing but backups and play to the 0-0 tie so that both get in
    Assuming the Redskins win-- forget about the backups, McCarthy and Caldwell should come to a gentlemen's agreement to move the ball to the 50 and kneel the entire game. Seeing that Det is the underdog, and GB's incentive is that they win the division with a tie, what's the downside? Plus, for all the Goodell haters, wouldn't this be a fantastic black eye if this were to happen during the league-selected prime-time game to close the season?
    "I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll

Blog Entries
    I would love that. Brian.

Then again, I just enjoy all the anti-tie ranting whenever there one, so for a playoff team to get in via a tie would just be wonderful for me.

I just love all the anti-tie ranting after there being two ties this year.