Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for Vick to go

1. Time for Vick to go

Not only for the shooting at his party and him probably not presenting all the facts the Eagles and lying at the time after the shooting, but he is just not a good option as a backup QB for the Eagles. If Eagles fans complained of McNabb's innaccuracies what can we expect from Ron Mexico aka Michael Vick? If Kolb goes goes down for any length of time which could become a reality with the OL question marks, this team is sunk. Do us Eagles fans really expect Vick to be able to run a pass happy Andy Reid ofense?
    I think the Eagles pride is getting in the way here. If they cut ties with Vick now, they admit to everybody that they never should of signed him in the first place. Sign Jeff Garcia please.

2. Believing Mike Vick will return to the form where he single-handedly beats Minnesota is delusional, but I kinda like living in that delusion. At least as much as the front-office. As far as back-up QBs go, I think we could to worse. Hell, in the land of the Cleveland Browns the team with even 1 QB is king. And, to make sure it's clear that I am a Vick apologist, this latest transgression seems more bone-headed than malicious. I'm certainly open to the argument that Vick's history means he can't afford even a bone-headed mistake, but I tend toward the opposite opinion.

Ridiculous

Your post seems rather ridiculous in hindsight now that it has been proven no dishonesty took place. Exhibit "A" as to why you gather information in it's entirety before coming to a conclusion. You must be watching Adam Schein on foxsports.com.

Separately though... how can the police not charge the shooter if they've identified him just because the victim is "uncooperative". Homicides are investigated all of the time where the victim is pretty uncooperative. Doesn't seem to stop the cops there.
    Last edited by HiloVulcan; 07-07-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HiloVulcan View Post
    Your post seems rather ridiculous in hindsight now that it has been proven no dishonesty took place. Exhibit "A" as to why you gather information in it's entirety before coming to a conclusion. You must be watching Adam Schein on foxsports.com.

Separately though... how can the police not charge the shooter if they've identified him just because the victim is "uncooperative". Homicides are investigated all of the time where the victim is pretty uncooperative. Doesn't seem to stop the cops there.
    I've been scratching my head on this one also. I thought if it was a violent crime, the state had to get involved no matter what the victim says.
    “Nothing is more effective than sincere, accurate praise, and nothing is more lame than a cookie-cutter compliment.” - Bill Walsh

I'm only guessing, but they probably feel that they can't successfully prosecute without the victim acting as a witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I'm only guessing, but they probably feel that they can't successfully prosecute without the victim acting as a witness.

But even assuming Vick had no involvement with the shooting and is being completely cooperative in the investigation, how much punishment do you think will be doled out by the league for bad judgment alone?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLinc View Post
    But even assuming Vick had no involvement with the shooting and is being completely cooperative in the investigation, how much punishment do you think will be doled out by the league for bad judgment alone?
    Good question. I've been assuming that if Vick isn't charged with a crime the league wouldn't act, but clearly that's not the way Goodell does business. Especially with a repeat offender like Vick. I would still guess that if things don't change there won't be any change, but the league will look very closely at Vick's behavior before, during and after, and look for any excuse for a suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Good question. I've been assuming that if Vick isn't charged with a crime the league wouldn't act, but clearly that's not the way Goodell does business. Especially with a repeat offender like Vick. I would still guess that if things don't change there won't be any change, but the league will look very closely at Vick's behavior before, during and after, and look for any excuse for a suspension.
    I think Vick took his re-entry into the league extremely well, what with all the philanthropy he's been court mandated....er..... volunteering for, working with the kids, teammate awards, etc. He's definitely been trying to do right by the Eagles, and it seems they've embraced him as a person first, player second. I would be surprised if Goodell took severe disciplinary action against Vick; I think he has enough on his plate with Young, Big Ben, and who knows what else, but this is not to say the Eagles shouldn't take action. He should defer to let Philly handle this internally but, as you said, continue to comb for suspension excuses and keep Vick on a short leash (no pun).

Blog Entries
    The Eagles should cut Vick.

He is tarnishing the reputation of the team.

Stop giving him extra chances!

Yes...cutsville,although have to wonder if Kolb gets hurt?
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard