Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Wild Card Weekend 2016 Thread

Blog Entries
    Dupree should have been ejected. He went clear helmet to helmet on Moore, the Dolphins QB, with a launch. He was flagged, but I think the play warranted an ejection.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    I haven't seen a Lions game since they last played the Bills. Is that lack of cojones on fourth down a regular thing? It has been in Buffalo for a while now. Hailey and Phillips are the last two I can recall with a little bit of courage in those situations.
    When it was built, the CaldwellBot was deprived of a pair of balls.

****ing Lions....
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Blog Entries
    Gratz to the Steelers. Maybe we'll get a good game this weekend. C'mon Giants and Packers, both of you play well.

Blog Entries
    Wow, the Giants punt from the Packers 35. It feels way too conservative to me.

Blog Entries
    While the games were mostly entertaining, it was, IMO, an underwhelming Wildcard weekend.

On the the next round!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    While the games were mostly entertaining, it was, IMO, an underwhelming Wildcard weekend.

On the the next round!
    I agree with the second part of that statement. The first three games were filled with some very boring football, and Oakland, Detroit, and Miami never looked really threatening at all, even if it was a one-score game near the beginning of the fourth quarter in Seattle. The Giants, I guess, seemed like a plausible winner at least in the first half and in the third quarter, even if they lost by the largest margin on the weekend.
    Follow me on twitter @kocsan.

Bad, predictable games with home teams winning on Wild Card weekend usually leads to very interesting and unpredictable Divisional and Championship rounds. The last 3 times all 4 home teams won on WC weekend, each resulted in one of those teams winning the Super Bowl-- Giants in 2011, Colts in 2006, and Ravens in 2000.
    "I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll