Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Are YOU Watching - 2017

Who Are YOU Watching - 2017

Watched my First prospect tonight.

LB Reuben Foster

2016- USC, Texas A&M, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee

As others have said, he's tough to evaluate because of the DL in front of him, so I tried to ignore everythign else on the field.

He checks pretty much every box you want:

Speed
    Athleticism
    Intensity
    Pass coverage
    Blitzing
    Shedding Blocks

Aside from his speed, the thing that stuck out to me the most is how he engages Olinemen. He is excellent at dipping his shoulders to shed and avoid blocks, whether blitzing or attacking the run.

One of the surest tacklers I've seen in awhile. I think I only saw him miss two tackles in 5 games watched.

DT/DE Malik McDowell

2016: BYU, Oregon, Wisconsin, Indiana, Notre Dame
    2015: Iowa

Definitely fits the Bengals mold. Big, with long arms, versatile. Played all 4 DL spots routinely last year. While he was lined up at DT probably 85% of the time, I think he'll end up being a DE, and a very good one at the next level. IMO Michigan State underutilized him at DT. As a DT though, he showed very good power to consistenly anchor despite being over 276lbs. He already has a well developed bull rush and swim move. IMO he has the athleticism to add a spin move to his repertoire as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    DT/DE Malik McDowell

2016: BYU, Oregon, Wisconsin, Indiana, Notre Dame
    2015: Iowa

Definitely fits the Bengals mold. Big, with long arms, versatile. Played all 4 DL spots routinely last year. While he was lined up at DT probably 85% of the time, I think he'll end up being a DE, and a very good one at the next level. IMO Michigan State underutilized him at DT. As a DT though, he showed very good power to consistenly anchor despite being over 276lbs. He already has a well developed bull rush and swim move. IMO he has the athleticism to add a spin move to his repertoire as well.
    If we could get him at 41 I'd be extremely happy, that said I think it would be a reach at 9 and I don't see any chance he falls to 41.

Carlos Henderson WR LA Tech- Hand catcher, great YACer, looks to have long speed but the QB seemed to be a liability so they rarely went over the top. Even though he's under 6' he can still high point the ball. He runs backwards in an effort to pick up more yards too often and that's not going to fly in the NFL. He's not the most savvy route runner but he shows the ability to sink his hips on the stutter or in his break and that bodes well for him once NFL coaches get a chance to refine his technique. Overall I was impressed. My interest was piqued when Norris had him ranked #3 at WR, he didn't disappoint.

eta: Norris also had Taywan Taylor at #4 and Ross at #5
    Last edited by Baraka; 02-21-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Most people outside of Norris and Matt Harmon have Henderson and Taylor outside their top 10 and it blows my mind. I would love both as our WR 2.

They're both small school guys and we're fairly early in the process, it's not that "mind blowing"

Quote Originally Posted by Baraka View Post
    They're both small school guys and we're fairly early in the process, it's not that "mind blowing"
    Yup. And for that reason will likely hear their names called in the 4th or later. I liked what I saw of Henderson, who for some reason reminded me of that WR that ran a 4.35 and was Bernard's Scott's cousin.

Clyde gates.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Clyde gates.

the point of the thread i to share your thoughts.

Apparently alleycat's thoughts are of some guy who was related to a former Bengal.

But I'd bet both Taylor and Henderson are not available in the 4th round. We shouldn't let fanspeak mocks color our evaluations.