Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Who Are YOU Watching - 2017

S Malik Hooker, Ohio State

Watched: 2016 - Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Penn State

I mentioned it in January, but I still think Hooker should have stayed in school another year. Just a one year starter. The team that takes him is drafting him on what you think the finished product will be, not what he is now.

Has elite level range. Very good speed.

Not as physical as you'd typically like a safety to be, but he's not an in the box type of guy.

Not done filling out physically though. Still has the body of a sophomore player.

Has the length to suggest he'll be eventually be able to consistely line up on the LOS and cover people in man, but I don't think he's there yet. He's not polished enough nor physical enough.

I don't think he makes sense for the Bengals, and I DO think he ends up sitting there at 9. The Bengals like their starters, both of whom are making good money. And Hooker would play Iloka's spot, who's definitely not losing his job. I just don't see it unless maybe they are considering moving Shawn Williams (who was much better down the stretch of 2016) to a joker S/LB role.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    S Malik Hooker, Ohio State

Watched: 2016 - Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Penn State

I mentioned it in January, but I still think Hooker should have stayed in school another year. Just a one year starter. The team that takes him is drafting him on what you think the finished product will be, not what he is now.

Has elite level range. Very good speed.

Not as physical as you'd typically like a safety to be, but he's not an in the box type of guy.

Not done filling out physically though. Still has the body of a sophomore player.

Has the length to suggest he'll be eventually be able to consistely line up on the LOS and cover people in man, but I don't think he's there yet. He's not polished enough nor physical enough.

I don't think he makes sense for the Bengals, and I DO think he ends up sitting there at 9. The Bengals like their starters, both of whom are making good money. And Hooker would play Iloka's spot, who's definitely not losing his job. I just don't see it unless maybe they are considering moving Shawn Williams (who was much better down the stretch of 2016) to a joker S/LB role.
    Good stuff. I can't see him here unless they move Williams (and I agree he was a lot better late in the year). Iloka has been the center fielder and while he's not a classic guy for that, he's been pretty solid as they weren't beaten a lot deep, in particular as the season progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    WR John Ross, Washington

Watched: 2016: Oregon, USC, Colorado, Standford, Arizona State, Idaho

I'll start by saying that I'd be hesitant on using a top 15-20 pick on a guy of his size, even if he had absolutely blown me away.

He's certainly got the speed, he's proven that this weekend. The biggest thing that stands out to you is that teams respect his speed and give him a lot of off coverage on the line, allowing him to rack up free short passes. I don't say that as a bad thing, it's obviously a very beneficial thing.

He's obviously got the speed to get open deep, but I don't know how well he is as a contested ball catcher, which let's face it you're going to need to be able to do at the next level.

Seems like a very good route runner. Quick twitch. Not much of a blocker, Bengals won't likely like that. Can't really judge him as a returner. He didn't do anything in the 5 or 6 returns I saw, but that could be the result of the blocking. Saw him run 4 reverses. Surprisingly, only one gained positive yardage, but again blocking by his teammates plays a big part.

I'll ask this, is he a better prospect than Brandin Cooks? Cooks was a mid'20's pick, similar size and speed, and the Saint's are already trying to trade him even though he's had a pretty good career thus far, and have a QB who matches up well with his skill set.

I dunno, he could end up being Desean Jackson without the baggage. I just personally wouldn't use a top 10 pick on a 5'11" WR

I know nothing.

Haha