Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: All Things AFC North, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    I believe he got the best of anybody out of Jason Campbell, which is pretty much where/how he got the rep. Others who follow the NFL outside of the Bengals more than I do might have better insight.
    I think even with Campbell, it was more about scheming around him than making him better. I don't think his stats changed. I just think the things they did around him brought more wins... but that's not based on facts. That's just my memory of Hue's time in Oakland. Maybe I'm wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Steelers cut Zach mettenberger. Didn't even know he was there.
    I know we'd put a claim in on him one of the last times he was cut. Red flags that he's been cut so many times, but might be worth a shot...unless they are serious about developing someone other than AJ as a long term backup and don't want him to lose the reps.

Steelers cut Zach mettenberger. Didn't even know he was there.
    We could sign Zach and get him to take some selfies before the Houston game.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    I know we'd put a claim in on him one of the last times he was cut. Red flags that he's been cut so many times, but might be worth a shot...unless they are serious about developing someone other than AJ as a long term backup and don't want him to lose the reps.
    To think he was kicked out and essentially banned from the Athens campus. For . . . alleged sexual assault. Even though his mother worked at UGA. Driskell is the prototype developmental quarterback. Is that a thing?

Steelers signed former Bengals RB Terrell Watson.

http://www.steelers.com/news/transac...2-fb504a290295

More notably, they cut TE Ladarius Green.

Steelers signed former Bengals RB Terrell Watson.

http://www.steelers.com/news/transac...2-fb504a290295

More notably, they cut TE Ladarius Green.
    Tough one for Green. I think it was concussion-related for him. That was a high-profile signing for the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Tough one for Green. I think it was concussion-related for him. That was a high-profile signing for the Steelers.
    They ended up out over $6M for just 6 games from him. He's on the 2017 cap for almost $4M. They've not fared particularly well in outside free agency on the rare occasions they've waded into it.

Steelers are almost entirely dependent upon the draft, like we are. And they've been on a little bit of a hot streak with quite a few picks over the last 4-5 years hitting. Le'Veon Bell, Stephon Tuitt, Ryan Shazier, Javon Hargrave, etc. They hit a rough stretch in the 2008-2011 range that led to some down seasons, but they've got back to hitting on more picks lately. Which has them set up as one of the top teams in the AFC.

It'll be interesting to see how JJ Watt and JuJu Smith-Schuster pan out compared to John Ross, Jordan Willis and Carl Lawson.