Thread: Offensive Genius Update

Offensive Genius Update

So Chan Gailey - who is known as an "Offensive Genius" - spent training camp assessing his QBs and came to the conclusion fairly early that Trent Edwards was the man to lead his team.

Three weeks into the season, Edwards is on this way to the UFL.

Make no mistake - Trent is not an NFL calibre starting QB, but how could Gailey not see that during training camp?

In other news - the Chiefs are 3-0.

2. Totally agree with you. Everyone was surprised they didn't draft a QB or go out and sign or trade for one. Gailey kept saying that they were satisfied with the QBs they had. Now he doesn't look like such a genius! Why do i have to get punished so bad for being a Bills fan?

KC went and got Cassel and it's paying off big time now. Go figure. This is a QB league and you need a good #1 QB to make it. (Unless you're the Steelers and you have a superb defense)!

What's especially annoying about the Chiefs' success is that they lay the foundations by completely cleaning house and bringing in young guys with experience on a winning franchise to run the show.

Oh, one of the old guys they cleaned out was a certain Chan Gailey.

4. I've never heard the term "Genius" used with Chan Gailey and it shouldn't be used with him. Bill Walsh was a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    I've never heard the term "Genius" used with Chan Gailey and it shouldn't be used with him. Bill Walsh was a genius!
    Perhaps I'm indulging in a bit of sarcastic hyperbole. But when Gailey was hired, the apologists at 1 Bills Drive and even some of the media hyped up his offensive credentials to a ridiculous degree.

You know - he'd coached a team full of hall of famers to the playoffs, his Georgia Tech team once beat Wake Forest etc. etc.

The most recent entry on his resume was that he'd turned Tyler Thigpen into a serviceable QB. The day he was hired was the day I knew Ralph Wilson just doesn't care any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    I've never heard the term "Genius" used with Chan Gailey and it shouldn't be used with him. Bill Walsh was a genius!
    "Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    "Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann.
    Is that big Al's dad, cousin, nephew or brother?