Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Needs this offseason: Tackle

Paul Dehner Jr.@pauldehnerjr 10h10 hours agoMore

As for Andre Smith, which we delve into in video/story, if he doesn't end up in Vikings plans, would make sense at bargain prove-it.

For #Bengals, and this is under hypothetical Zeitler bolts, Smith would provide insurance on right side. Finding bargain price would be key.

I'd most worry about messing w/ first touch of stability Jake Fisher has seen since being drafted. He wants that spot, showed potential.

Paul Dehner Jr.@pauldehnerjr 6h6 hours agoMore

@OraCLeCiNci Andre. Wrote about him today.

https://t.co/B7BXT4eyZG

Did I read somewhere that we might be low balling Whitworth? I know it's not ideal but I would just Franchise him. I really doubt it comes to that. If we don't have a LT we don't have a season for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Did I read somewhere that we might be low balling Whitworth? I know it's not ideal but I would just Franchise him. I really doubt it comes to that. If we don't have a LT we don't have a season for 2017
    I'd be shocked if he didn't re-sign. The Bengals know that they have nothing proven at either T if he doesn't come back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I'd be shocked if he didn't re-sign. The Bengals know that they have nothing proven at either T if he doesn't come back.
    Rumor is that he is testing the market. Now true that is, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    Rumor is that he is testing the market. Now true that is, I have no idea.

Sure, but I think every player who is a potential FA says and feels that. I would, too. We are less than a month away from FA so since he and others haven't come to an agreement, the party line is they are going to test the market. I heard Lance Dunbar in Dallas say the same thing the other day. He'd like to remain a Cowboy but it's a business decision for him and he will go where he gets the best opportunity, however he has defined that... money I'm sure, but also the chance to play a lot as well. Sometimes deals get done before FA, other times they get done after, and sometimes you lose guys... that's the nature of FA.

As much as I'd like ro see Whit, Rex, Zeitler and Dre all re-sign, I find it hard to believe that it will happen. But I do think it will happen with Whit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post

I have not read that. Only that he'll test the market if we do.

From what I've read, he's their number 1 priority this offseason.

I really like to read the way Whit, AJ, and to a lesser degree Andy are seemingly talking about the need to make some moves. Maybe it will help. I'm not saying they act like Dan Snyder, but I would love to see a couple of impact moves made.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bohannon View Post
    I really like to read the way Whit, AJ, and to a lesser degree Andy are seemingly talking about the need to make some moves. Maybe it will help. I'm not saying they act like Dan Snyder, but I would love to see a couple of impact moves made.
    Out of curiosity where did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    “I want to see what (Bengals management) is trying to do. Are we keeping Kevin Zietler or Dre Kirkpatrick? There are other guys on the roster who are going to be free and what we’re thinking [about doing] in the draft, that’s important. When you’re a veteran, you realize how important all those pieces are and the commitment to all that. We’re close and I hope we can make some moves to solidify ourselves.”

This is the specific paragraph from a sporting new article (I hope this is OK to paste like this, but I'll add the link too).

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...medium=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Both Andy and AJ were quoted during the SB week about the team, and AJ especially was vocal... for him, at least. It's in some articles from the Enquirer and in one of the recent podcasts.