Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Needs this offseason: Tackle

Anyone changing their mind on Andre Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Sure. No matter who it is, I'm buying. The last thing I want to do is depend on house money that we never had to spend in the first place.

it could just be him wishing it, but Dre Kirkpatrick seemed to suggest that Andre Smith could be returning.

it could just be him wishing it, but Dre Kirkpatrick seemed to suggest that Andre Smith could be returning.
    Makes sense.

I'm kind of rooting for Andre to return, and potentially Fisher at RG.

And not gonna lie, I"m curious to what Anthony Collins is up to. He may have sucked elsewhere, but he's proven to be successful in the Bengals system (at least in Pass pro).

Yeah, sure. After losing Whitworth I'm suddenly interested in whatever Plan B you can think of.

It's not easy to get excited about the return of a player who had been allowed to leave once before, but at this point I'm willing to call it a marriage of convenience between two parties that don't have better options. It also makes sense because Andre knows the offense cold, allowing the Bengals to run the entire playbook without limitations.

That said, just this morning I was reading how excited Fisher was to finally be back at ORT, and in not so many words he made it sound like he too believed the coaches had wasted the early years of his career using him in gimmicky ways. I doubt many of us would disagree.

from Zierlein:

The scoop: "I like him in interviews. I like the tape, too. I don't know if he's a tackle or a guard yet because I have to study him more, but he's really strong and he looks like an NFL starter is supposed to look." -- AFC assistant offensive line coach on Western Michigan's Taylor Moton

The skinny: In my estimation, Moton projects as a big, powerful right guard who might be able to step out and play some right tackle for a team if injury strikes. Moton has the physical attributes that offensive line coaches are going to love and he has the power that will make sense for a move to right guard. Offensive lines are their own clique and finding a guy who fits with the rest of the offensive line can be extremely important, which is why interviews can be critical for O-linemen.

Extremely relevant now:

» OT Cam Robinson (6-6 1/4, 321) was worked out by four NFL offensive line coaches. He looked good in drills; I was told he left no doubt he can play left tackle in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Extremely relevant now:

He's imposing physically, no doubt. But when I've seen him he's not a good pass blocker at all. He looks more like RT to me.

And I do think Fisher will be fine at one of the T spots. Ced is the big wild card. Just concerning if they go Ramczyk or one of the other highly-rated Ts in the draft, they're admitting Ced isn't going to cut it and he really hasn't had an offseason, and save for one game, hasn't played any LT. I think they need to let that play out.

That said, maybe they go for someone like Forrest Lamp who has some position versatility to play both G, or T if the Ced experiment fails.