Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Super Bowl LI Open Thread

Blog Entries
    OMG. All I can say is OMG!

Obviously you've never met me

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Gapinski View Post
    I don't care who wins as long as the Pats Receiving Crops does not get 96 fantasy points between them.

I would normally root with my whole heart for the underdog in a game like this, but the idea of Rodge handing over the trophy to Tom Brady is just too funny to be totally against another New England title.
    I'm sorry, but this is my job.

Pats receiving corps plus James White 108
    Pats defense 8.

Rich somehow falls to 2nd in our playoff league.

Trust me Rich, I was rooting for you. I'm never going to hear the end of this from the guy who made the comeback.
    "I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll

So, do I get best strategy award?

Blog Entries
    Listen to the Boo's for Roger at the Super Bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Williams View Post
    You certainly should have that league locked up. The real battle is for 2nd/3rd. The dude with the entire Pats receiving corps plus James White is in 2nd, while the dude with Ryan/Julio/Gostkowski is in 3rd, and the dude with Brady/Lewis/Bennett is in 4th.
    Dude... I like you.... 2 Years in a row... I had it right. Never telll me I had it.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

To be fair, I said "should". I know your history, and I know the luck of this clown who won it. In the first year of my home league in 2003, he started his draft with Favre, Gannon (1 QB league), David Akers, and Chad Morton. Seriously, there are a few people in my league who thought for the first few years that I was making him up-- that he was a product of my imagination and that I created his team as a joke. He's now won 3 league titles, 2 playoff titles, and in his mind is our most decorated champion. I also have 3 titles, but only 1 playoff championship.

Trust me, I was pulling for you. Hard.

8. As far as this old football fan is concerned, the debate regarding which quarterback is the best ever was settled last night.

His name is Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Williams View Post
    To be fair, I said "should". I know your history, and I know the luck of this clown who won it. In the first year of my home league in 2003, he started his draft with Favre, Gannon (1 QB league), David Akers, and Chad Morton. Seriously, there are a few people in my league who thought for the first few years that I was making him up-- that he was a product of my imagination and that I created his team as a joke. He's now won 3 league titles, 2 playoff titles, and in his mind is our most decorated champion. I also have 3 titles, but only 1 playoff championship.

Trust me, I was pulling for you. Hard.
    Now that it is the morning, I have to just laugh that it took so many things that had never happened before to take it down. That dude certainly has luck that I have never seen. Incredible. Almost as incredible as the game itself. That has to be the best game and best comeback ever.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    As far as this old football fan is concerned, the debate regarding which quarterback is the best ever was settled last night.

His name is Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr.
    Obviously, 5-2 looks way better than 4-3. And, yes, I do think it shut the door on the question whether or not we are seeing the best coach/QB combo in history. Maybe in all sports. Pop and Phil Jackson have arguments, but I think basketball is an easier game to navigate than football.