Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Notes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    He's laid an egg in his last two stops, and in Buffalo, he got a bad rep as a whiner/ a bit of a diva who didn't always play hard. He said it wasn't a good scheme fit, but I'm sure he took the money before they cut him. No thanks.
    He's a Bengals Bargain Special. Former top pick. Fits profile. Character issues. He will be a Bengal with an overpaid contract in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    He's a Bengals Bargain Special. Former top pick. Fits profile. Character issues. He will be a Bengal with an overpaid contract in a week.

Character issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Character issues?
    Williams is reportedly kind of a turd in the locker room, though he hasn't been in any trouble with the law or anything.

Kind of like TO. Who I believe is also the last FA with character concerns the Bengals touched. Such a tired old comment that has no basis in recent reality.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    Williams is reportedly kind of a turd in the locker room, though he hasn't been in any trouble with the law or anything.

Kind of like TO. Who I believe is also the last FA with character concerns the Bengals touched. Such a tired old comment that has no basis in recent reality.
    Just because they haven't signed a ton in FA, doesn't mean they still don't get them via the draft. They have drafted quite a few in the last several years.

Just because they haven't signed a ton in FA, doesn't mean they still don't get them via the draft. They have drafted quite a few in the last several years.
    Yep depending on how you define it, fairly recent guys like Dre K, Carlos Dunlap, Jeremy Hill and Josh Shaw all came with some off-field stuff. I'm sure there were other guys I've missed. Of course, it's one thing to mess up with an incodent or two, and another to be a bad team and locker room guy. TO was definitely that... as talented as he was, every team he was on seemingly couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Yep depending on how you define it, fairly recent guys like Dre K, Carlos Dunlap, Jeremy Hill and Josh Shaw all came with some off-field stuff. I'm sure there were other guys I've missed. Of course, it's one thing to mess up with an incodent or two, and another to be a bad team and locker room guy. TO was definitely that... as talented as he was, every team he was on seemingly couldn't wait to get rid of him.
    Paul Dawson had some character concerns about him. Burfict obviously had some. Ogbuehi did as well. I'm sure there have been others as well.

Paul Dawson had some character concerns about him. Burfict obviously had some. Ogbuehi did as well. I'm sure there have been others as well.

Yes Dawson for sure, and Burfict wasn't drafted but he had a lot. Didn't remember Ced - but I'm much more concerned about his on-field issues so far, which are significant.

like many other places, people are playing fast and loose with the term "character issues" in this thread.

Unless you're someone like Luke Kuechly, everyone has a wart somewhere.

PJ Dawson didn't have character issues. His question mark was effort in practice. That's not a character issue in the sense that the NFL defines it.

Nor were there any significant character issues on Ogbuehi.

I guess a blown ACL is a moral failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    I guess a blown ACL is a moral failure.
    Well, he wasn't married.