Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Talk 2017 Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Love me some Duke Riley.
    The comparisons to Kwon Alexander and Deion Jones got my attention. I don't think he's at their level, but I've liked everything I've seen, and I think he'll go later than those guys.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    The comparisons to Kwon Alexander and Deion Jones got my attention. I don't think he's at their level, but I've liked everything I've seen, and I think he'll go later than those guys.
    Duke Riley is very very good. I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 2nd. I'd say 3rd at the latest.

Yes likely a 2nd day pick. Not the biggest guy but fast and smart. He tackles well, too. A 3-down linebacker I think.

I've been out of the loop the past few days, so sorry if this has already been discussed, but I heard an interview with Lapham about the draft that was interesting.

He said (paraphrasing) that they'd love to get a DE at 9. They need to add pass rush. But said they won't reach if they don't have a DE rated that highly and would probably go WR as Plan B.

Not too surprising, especially after the signing of Minter. But always noteworthy when Lapham talks since he's been on the money pretty much every year.

Here's the link to the Lapham video. He talks draft just for 20 seconds or so at the end:

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/...8-100360322fd2

Bummer. Well I'll just move on from Foster now. Lap just isn't wrong about this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    Here's the link to the Lapham video. He talks draft just for 20 seconds or so at the end:

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/...8-100360322fd2
    To sum up - Lap thinks they are going pass rusher if one is there at 9 that fits their ranking, but that if they get to 9 and the available pass rusher is 14 or so on their big board, they will move on to pass receiver to match pick to their rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    To sum up - Lap thinks they are going pass rusher if one is there at 9 that fits their ranking, but that if they get to 9 and the available pass rusher is 14 or so on their big board, they will move on to pass receiver to match pick to their rankings.

Thanks. So, no mention of OJ Howard? Will be interesting to watch.