Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Talk 2017 Part 3

I love Foster's game, but I also think the Minter signing was telling. Like a lot of those "off field" stories, I'm sure some is over-blown. Not saying he's an angel but I'd take him in a heartbeat on my team.

That said, it'll be interesting to see what Baltimore does. He's a Ravens kinda player, Mosley is already there, Orr had to retire, and LB corps needs help... and I'd venture to say that no one in the NFL is as plugged into the world of Bama football as Ozzie is.

Really good listen here:

http://espn1530.iheart.com/onair/mo-...ball-15762449/

11 minutes Mo Egger w/ PFF on the draft and the Bengals...(PFF guy pushing view that Corey Davis is a good fit - I'm down with that)

I doubt the graphs will post here, but there's an extremely interesting report that Tony Pauline from draftanalyst just posted. He got the top 32 players from two different teams for who they consider first round prospects. They agreed on an amazing 28 of them.

Reuben Foster is not on either list. Recent transgressions dropped him from a middle 1st to off the first for one of the two teams.

Taco Charlton is a first rounder for both teams. Other arguably fringe guys on both lists as first rounders: Corey Davis, Haason Reddick, and Charles Harris.

Only one QB, Mitch Trubisky, is on either team's 32 player list.

http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buz...g-draft-boards

I really hope there is a run on CBs in the first round. I think that is our strongest unit at this point and don't want to be tempted into drafting a CB early.

Mayock reporting John Ross is off some teams' boards altogether because of injury concerns. Come to momma at 41!

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    I doubt the graphs will post here, but there's an extremely interesting report that Tony Pauline from draftanalyst just posted. He got the top 32 players from two different teams for who they consider first round prospects. They agreed on an amazing 28 of them.

Reuben Foster is not on either list. Recent transgressions dropped him from a middle 1st to off the first for one of the two teams.

Taco Charlton is a first rounder for both teams. Other arguably fringe guys on both lists as first rounders: Corey Davis, Haason Reddick, and Charles Harris.

Only one QB, Mitch Trubisky, is on either team's 32 player list.

http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buz...g-draft-boards
    Is it just me, or does anyone find it very, very far-fetched that teams are just going to rattle off their top 32 players to a reporter?

Consensus starting to build. From another board:

Matt Miller

Latest buzz:

- Foster falls to "Myles Jack" range
    - Ross, Mixon, Cook Rd2
    - 2 QBs going top 10 (Trubisky, Mahomes?)

James Rapien had an interesting twitter poll question.

If Foster and Mixon are both there at 41 who do you take?

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone find it very, very far-fetched that teams are just going to rattle off their top 32 players to a reporter?
    Yes, like folks say, this is the lying season.

I used to think the same about Gosselin's list, until I realized that he didn't publish it until the day of the draft, and it was really a consensus list anyway. It's interesting reading but there's so much speculation right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    James Rapien had an interesting twitter poll question.

If Foster and Mixon are both there at 41 who do you take?
    Personally, I'd take Foster. And I like Mixon a lot.