Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bengals Free Agency

Paper tigers? If the Bengals lose Whit the Bengals will literally swamp us all with feel good stories about how they've got a 1st round replacement waiting in the wings. Fake media. Sad.

I swear, everytime I read speculation about how much Kirkpatrick is going to make per year I always add another 2 million.

Peko to the Vikings makes too much sense. Or if you prefer, an idea whose time has come.

2. 2 years 10 million.
    LaFell

I still think they'll find a way to keep Whit and Dre.

I don't think WR at #9 is completely off the table, but this makes it less likely. Seems like the whole offseason, their talk has been about adding speed and/or pass rush to the defense in the 1st round. That is probably still the plan.

Deep WR draft though and I think they end up addressing the position with one of their first 4 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    2 years 10 million.
    LaFell

I'd say that's pretty fair

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    I still think they'll find a way to keep Whit and Dre.

I don't think WR at #9 is completely off the table, but this makes it less likely. Seems like the whole offseason, their talk has been about adding speed and/or pass rush to the defense in the 1st round. That is probably still the plan.

Deep WR draft though and I think they end up addressing the position with one of their first 4 picks.
    Agree and re pick 9, a lot will depend on what happens in front of them. If the D guys they like and Fournette are gone, I could definitely see a WR, or a trade down.

Personally, I can almost say without looking that I'd trade down, no matter who is on the board. A 6 slot drop, value-wise, would net us a high 2nd round pick (value-wise). With who I anticipate being on the board, a 6 slot drop would likely still land us someone like Reddick or Davis or Ross or Barnett or Charlton. In almost every mock I've done, I've found myself at least 1 second rounder away from feeling like I've really filled our legit holes (and almost every time, that's an OL, a WR, or a LB) without that extra 2nd rounder.

Unless a truly magical, elite player falls to us at 9 (and I don't know who'd I count there but for Garrett and maybe Adams or Hooker (Thomas is special but is he the perfect fit for us?), I don't know that any of the guys that are going to be there are worth passing up the value of a slightly later pick plus another guy who I expect to be a plug-and-play dude at a position with a glaring hole.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Does this take them out of first round receiver in the draft?
    Not if he is the top guy on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Does this take them out of first round receiver in the draft?
    Yes, of course it does. Don't believe any of these people who try to tell you different.

Many of the same people who once insisted this team could wait to get a WR are the same ones telling you now the Bengals might still take one if he's the top player on their board. Won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Personally, I can almost say without looking that I'd trade down, no matter who is on the board. A 6 slot drop, value-wise, would net us a high 2nd round pick (value-wise). With who I anticipate being on the board, a 6 slot drop would likely still land us someone like Reddick or Davis or Ross or Barnett or Charlton. In almost every mock I've done, I've found myself at least 1 second rounder away from feeling like I've really filled our legit holes (and almost every time, that's an OL, a WR, or a LB) without that extra 2nd rounder.

Unless a truly magical, elite player falls to us at 9 (and I don't know who'd I count there but for Garrett and maybe Adams or Hooker (Thomas is special but is he the perfect fit for us?), I don't know that any of the guys that are going to be there are worth passing up the value of a slightly later pick plus another guy who I expect to be a plug-and-play dude at a position with a glaring hole.
    100% agree. While the draft isn't necessarily loaded with elite guys at the top, the depth down to 20 or so looks pretty good. I'd love to slide down a handful of spots.

QB is the obvious spot where maybe a team tries to trade up to get ahead of Cleveland at 12. Other than that, it's tough because the other positions have so much depth. Would somebody move up for Lattimore for example when so many other CBs are available in the first 2 rounds?

Seems like a good signing. I thought he played well last year. It will be interesting to see him with a year in the system.

It's also one of those signings that allows the Bengals to draft BPA. They aren't locked into needing a receiver early, but the two year deal means they still can draft a receiver early if they really like a guy.