Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bengals Free Agency

2017 Bengals Free Agency

Jim OwczarskiVerified account @JimOwczarski 4h4 hours agoMore

The #Bengals have signed guard T.J. Johnson to a RFA tender offer.

James RapienVerified account @JamesRapien 3h3 hours agoMore

"They absolutely love Brandon LaFell." - @Andy_Benoit on the #Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Jim OwczarskiVerified account @JimOwczarski 4h4 hours agoMore

The #Bengals have signed guard T.J. Johnson to a RFA tender offer.

Now, that's what I'm talking about!

J/k. I mean, I like his smarts and toughness so I'm glad he got tendered... and if it's me, I'd throw him and Jethro into a competition for starting C. Maybe he's in the mix to start at G, along with Westerman, but assuming Zeitler moves on, that's a pretty big step down. Although I'd happily be surprised if not.

Speaking of being tendered, New England tendered Matt Lengel, former practice squad TE who had a TD late in the year there, and played in all of the playoff games, including the SB. And former PS FB James Develin just signed a new contract.

Jason La Canfora‏Verified account
    @JasonLaCanfora

Follow
    More
    Bengals, who lost a lot of talent a year ago and fear another purge, focused on trying to keep CB Dre Kirkpatrick. Strong $$ on the table

------

Also, I don't have the tweets up but Zeitler is pretty much 100% gone, sounds like a bidding war between lots of people. Nothing big on Whit besides us expecting him back. Peko linked to Vikings/Zimmer.

Jay Glazer ✔ @JayGlazer
    Whitworth also got lot of play but cincy smartly tried to convince teams at combine it was in stone he was back. Whit tried to insist not so

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    Jay Glazer ✔ @JayGlazer
    Whitworth also got lot of play but cincy smartly tried to convince teams at combine it was in stone he was back. Whit tried to insist not so
    Um, wouldn't teams believe the player over the team? I mean, he's a free agent, right?

Sounds like LaFell is back, looking for something official. Is this his agent?

Schwartz & Feinsod‏
    @schwartzfeinsod

Follow
    More
    Brandon LaFell @Blafell1 has agreed to terms with the Cincinnati Bengals @Bengals
    Last edited by gatorclaws; 03-08-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Dehner and Owczarski confirmed on Twitter. 2-year deal.

I'm good with it... he had a nice year, playing with a bad hand and in his first year in the offense. I wouldn't have gone more than 2 years, either.

Does this take them out of first round receiver in the draft?

Yeah,I guess I'm good with it.

Obviously I'm not great with it, but nothing else they do will free up their draft as much as this.

And I do like LaFell.