Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bengals Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I would have liked him, but wasn't "Barwin or bust". Bengals certainly weren't going to come close to what he got. I'm sure they're looking for someone in the $3M range.

still wouldn't mind a prove it deal for mario williams.
    Just say no to Mario.

Just saw on Twitter that Jim Owczarski confirmed Bengals are signing Kevin Minter. That's an upgrade for them over Rey and Rey.

Liked him at LSU and he's started at AZ the past two years. Gives you some options inside/outside. He's young (26) and he's solid in pass coverage. I think I liked Keenan Robinson a little better but this is a positive signing, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Just saw on Twitter that Jim Owczarski confirmed Bengals are signing Kevin Minter. That's an upgrade for them over Rey and Rey.

Liked him at LSU and he's started at AZ the past two years. Gives you some options inside/outside. He's young (26) and he's solid in pass coverage. I think I liked Keenan Robinson a little better but this is a positive signing, IMO.
    I'm reading the opposite... a slower run stopper that's not very good in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    I'm reading the opposite... a slower run stopper that's not very good in coverage.

Actually no, that's number 58. He plays for Cincinnati.

Well, Minter isn't gonna be Lavonte David or Deion Jones, but he's pretty good in coverage. He runs well - not Vigil fast but he's athletic for a guy who's in the 245 range. Faster than Maualuga or Dansby, that's for sure.

He's played a lot of football and started a lot of games for AZ. I checked PFF as a reference point and they had him for 5 excellent games and 4 bad ones last year, but he was rated as one of their 5-6 best LBs available in FA.

Hard to say where they will put him but he was a leader on the D at LSU and he was a top 50 pick in 2013, and he is young - so he could still be ascending as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    FWIW, Pro Football focused rated him #3 in pass coverage MLBs

6. I think he was in a defense that didn't fit him in Arizona. This is a great signing. Wish we had done 2 years. I don't think he will be a star but he will atleast be good.

As long as Minter is here to take Maualuga's snaps, and not Vigil's, I'm good with the signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    I think he was in a defense that didn't fit him in Arizona. This is a great signing. Wish we had done 2 years. I don't think he will be a star but he will atleast be good.
    maybe that's what it is then.... Arizona fans don't seem to mind losing him which always gives me concern.

John Baines@johnthebaines 7h7 hours agoMore

John Baines Retweeted Jim Owczarski
    Bengals C/G T.J. Johnson's new contract has a $1.625M cap hit (down from $1.797M) including a P5 base salaries of $1.3M and $1.525M.