Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Pro Day Results

Bengals at Kentucky Pro Day

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Bengals at Kentucky Pro Day
    Toth, Boom Williams, anyone else there?

Knowing the Bengals, they were there to scout Bud Dupree...

A LB at Oklahoma who lead them in tackles and had 4 INTs this year put up great numbers at their combine:

Oklahoma Pro day: Mixon had the buzz entering the day, but it was linebacker Jordan Evans who had scouts talking after the workout. At 6-foot-3 and 232 pounds, he ran his 40-yard dash in 4.51 seconds, adding excellent numbers in the short shuttle (4.22), vertical jump (38.5), broad jump (9-foot-11) and bench press (19). A surprise combine snub, Evans put together a strong senior campaign, leading the Sooners in tackles (98) and interceptions (four), including two returned for scores. With his 2016 game film and his strong workout numbers, it would be a surprise if Evans isn’t drafted. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    A LB at Oklahoma who lead them in tackles and had 4 INTs this year put up great numbers at their combine:
    Yes, Jordan Evans had a nice year for OU and was one of their better defenders. Definitely worth considering.

Holy Shhhhhh...Sign him up!!

Harvard

The Harvard Crimson has put a fair number of offensive players into the league recently, and tackle Max Rich is the next in line.

Fifteen teams were on hand to watch the big blocker who measured 6072 and 311 pounds and timed as low as 5.04s in the 40, 4.37s in the short shuttle and 7.16 in the three-cone. Rich completed 25 reps on the bench press, touched 30 inches in the vertical jump and reached 8-foot-9 in the broad jump.

All in all it was an exceptional workout for Rich, whose game film is solid.

Holy Ssssshhh X 2!!! Sign him up!! (and look at the bold):

To update you from Friday’s pro day at Alabama State, offensive tackle Jylan Ware, the highest-rated prospect from the program on our board, performed brilliantly.

Measuring 6074 and 316 pounds, his marks included 40 times which ranged from 4.93s to 4.95s and a short shuttle at 4.7s as well as a 29-inch vertical jump and 9-foot-5 broad jump.

There were several offensive line coaches on hand, and I’m told the Cincinnati Bengals and Chicago Bears are showing a lot of interest in Ware, who we grade as a priority free agent.

More pro days that should be double-filed under the who are we watching thread:

Nose tackle Glen Antoine put up some impressive numbers. Tipping the scales at 337 pounds, Antoine completed 37 reps on the bench (with 31 7/8 inch arms) posted a 30-inch vertical jump and 8-foot-7 broad.

The New York Jets met with the potential nose tackle (their third one of the week) while Antoine also met with the Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cincinnati Bengals and Los Angeles Rams.

Some more head turning results from small school prospects:

Alabama State

This was a workout I was looking forward to hearing about, and it met all expectations. The team has three sleepers who scouts went to watch and people must pay attention to.

Tight end Brandon Barnes measured 6047 and 255 pounds, had an arm length of 35 inches and hands which stretched 10 7/8 inches. He pushed up 20 reps on the bench, touched 35.5 inches in the vertical jump and reached 9-foot-6 in the broad. He ran the 40 in 4.69s, timed 7.01s in the three-cone, 12.12s in the 60-yard shuttle and 4.28s in the short shuttle despite slipping.

I’m told he looked terrific during pass-catching drills and with his hand size looked as though he was plucking baseballs from the air. I would expect Barnes’ schedule to quickly fill up with official visits, and he’s moved into the last day of the draft.

Defensive tackle Rod Henderson measured 6004 and 339 pounds, down some 35 pounds from his playing weight. He completed 26 reps on the bench and posted a 28-inch vertical jump and 8-foot-1 in the broad jump. His 40 time of 5.22s included a 10-yard split of 1.79s. Henderson ran a time of 4.82s in the short shuttle.

I’m told Henderson looked exceptional during drills, displaying great quickness and solid movement skills. The Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets, Kansas City Chiefs and Tennessee Titans were on hand for Henderson. This is the second time this week I’ve reported the Jets and Seahawks on hand to see a late-round/free agent wide-bodied NT/DT.

I’m still waiting on official numbers for offensive tackle Jylan Ware but was told he looked terrific during drills. Ware measured over 6-foot-7 and clocked under five seconds in the 40 on a number of watches.

I have Ware graded just outside of draftable territory in our tackle rankings.

Just FYI, the NFL Network show Path to the Draft starts up again - it is shown M-F at 6pm Eastern and the episodes are shown several times each day.

It's usually pretty good... guys like Daniel Jeremiah. Charles Davis, Bucky Brooks, and Charlie Casserly are usually on there. Mayock usually chimes in from the various Pro Days.