Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Pro Day Results

Read this elsewhere and thought it was pertinent:

No hate on Williams, but I'm seeing 4.56+ elsewhere. There are scouts saying he didn't run as fast as people are saying. I mean, Artavis Scott ran a 4.61 at the Combine, and 4.5 here. I doubt he actually shaved that much time off his 40. I bet Williams is closer to a 4.6 runner than a 4.5. I like him, but he's not a burner.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Read this elsewhere and thought it was pertinent:

I think that's very pertinent. You mentioned it the other day, but school tracks tend to run faster than the combine track.

For example, Ohio State has a notoriously fast track they use for Pro Days, and it typically helps a guy shave as much as .2 off of guy's times.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I think that's very pertinent. You mentioned it the other day, but school tracks tend to run faster than the combine track.

For example, Ohio State has a notoriously fast track they use for Pro Days, and it typically helps a guy shave as much as .2 off of guy's times.
    Clemson is one of the schools where 40 times are the most true. I've seen Williams run as low as a 4.49 and most have him at 4.51-4.53. He's a 4.55 guy.

Funny story about Williams. Dabo said the "Williams rule" was, if there's one guy on him, he's wide open. He also referenced what it was if there were two guys on him... I don't remember the specifics but basically it was, throw it to him anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Funny story about Williams. Dabo said the "Williams rule" was, if there's one guy on him, he's wide open. He also referenced what it was if there were two guys on him... I don't remember the specifics but basically it was, throw it to him anyway.
    That's why I love Williams. One-on-one he is pretty much always open because he is that good in a contested catch situation. He's still easily my number 1 WR. Still don't want him at 9. Trade back and take him? Sure. 9 is to high for any wr in this draft.

Reminds me of this quote from Steve Smith to rookie Cam Newton: "If it's single coverage I'm wide open, if its double coverage I'm open, if it's triple coverage...throw it up, I'm Steve Smith."

Eastern Michigan Center with some serious Athleticism:

Center Andrew Wylie measured 6050 and 305 pounds, touched 34 inches in the vertical jump, completed 20 reps on the bench and timed under 7.1s in the three-cone.

Any UC fans here know anything about Aaron Wilson? A LB who reportedly ran a sub 4.5 and jumped 39.5 inches. Or maybe Eric Wilson? Ran a 4.48 at 6'1 230.

Seeing #1 in tackles in AAC (ears perk up further).

some numbers:

Wilson tied for No. 5 nationally with 10.8 tackles per game, according to Tom Groeschen, and had 129 tackles and a team-high 3.0 sacks in the Bearcats' 12 games.

He played three seasons at UC after transferring from Northwestern.