Thread: Sheldon Richardson

Sheldon Richardson

Trading Sheldon Richardson to the #Bengals with AJ McCarron coming back in a certain package to the #Jets has some legs to it. #Jetup #NYJ

https://twitter.com/DavidWyattNFL/st...20096839254016

Probably just a made up rumor, but would be about as big a trade as I can remember in the past decade for the Bengals. Also makes a certain amount of sense if the Bengals can make it work financially.

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    Trading Sheldon Richardson to the #Bengals with AJ McCarron coming back in a certain package to the #Jets has some legs to it. #Jetup #NYJ

https://twitter.com/DavidWyattNFL/st...20096839254016

Probably just a made up rumor, but would be about as big a trade as I can remember in the past decade for the Bengals. Also makes a certain amount of sense if the Bengals can make it work financially.
    Would it be their second??

Here's a tweet from the same guy a few spots down:

It's not fake news. Doesn't mean it's going to happen or close to happening either.

It does make sense. I mentioned this very idea months ago. The thing that would give me pause is simply Richardsons' attitude, which has been called into question.

Probably a bad idea to trade McCarron now. Will need him after Dalton gets killed early next year when Ced whiffs on a block at LT.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Probably a bad idea to trade McCarron now. Will need him after Dalton gets killed early next year when Ced whiffs on a block at LT.

Yes, but we have Jeff Driskill!

If you sign Richardson and say Connor Barwin we don't need to draft a DL.

But Richardson is a FA after 2017 so we would have to pay him and pay him well. He might be worth it but thats 3 big contracts on the dl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    If you sign Richardson and say Connor Barwin we don't need to draft a DL.

But Richardson is a FA after 2017 so we would have to pay him and pay him well. He might be worth it but thats 3 big contracts on the dl.
    They have zero big contracts on the ol, so might as well may one of those units as strong as possible.