Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitworth to Rams

Do we even have a plan B?

Honestly the only thing the front office really needs to do is put fans in a position where they can rationalize hope. To do so you really had to re-sign one guy. That was Whitworth. They should have just franchised him.
    Last edited by Bengalbro; 03-09-2017 at 10:04 AM.

We can be mad at Whit... but how can you blame him for taking a huge deal with a team that clearly showed some aggression. He could likely have stood & dealt with being slow played, the polar opposite of aggression, old fashioned, idiotic way that he former team did absolutely everything.

I mean who knew that the huge selling point that this team actually honors the later years of a contract didn't convince him to re-sign. If I were him and I wanted to win games, I would think that huge selling point (BS!) is actually a deterrent towards being a championship contender.

Sorry to see this but $36M is crazy money for a 35 year old T. Good for him - all of these guys are trying to maximize what they can get while they have value, so I totally get it.

I'm sure that this outcome was what the Bengals wanted and expected when they drafted Ced and Fisher but it sure hasn't turned out that way. There's not a lot of Ts out there in FA and the draft isn't exactly stocked with good prospects, so either Alexander has to walk on water and/or these guys will suddenly get it. Not optimistic on either scenario.

I'd like to think they will throw some money at Zeitler but I sincerely doubt that, too. Hello Andre Smith.

And meanwhile, the acknowledged locker room leader is now... Adam Jones? Lol. This team.

Listen at you folks. He said he wanted to go to a contender and he went to the Rams. He was ALL ABOUT MONEY. My guess is that maybe all the leadership they claimed they were getting from him, might have been part of the problem.

Pretty shocked he's leaving.

even more shocked at the contract figures. Whit is my favorite Bengal, but $12m/yr?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post

even more shocked at the contract figures. Whit is my favorite Bengal, but $12m/yr?
    EXACTLY. That's crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post

I know what you are saying, but lets be honest. I think everyone thought $11-12 million a year. An extra million is just the cost of doing business when the salary cap keeps going up. There is simply no way to justify not doing whatever it took to get Whit back.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    Do we even have a plan B?
    Ced O

Russell Okung? Kelvin Beachum? Ryan Clady? Riley Reiff?

Going into the year with Ogbuehi seems like a terrible idea.