Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitworth to Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Ced O
    That should be somewhere between plan D and F after last year.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    Do we even have a plan B?
    Trade Dalton for a few different premier players and not to worry about it too much because AJ isn't that great anywhere, and next year, with our first round QB, it's Super Bowl or bust!

3. Now where's Eifert gonna live?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethmw View Post
    Listen at you folks. He said he wanted to go to a contender and he went to the Rams. He was ALL ABOUT MONEY. My guess is that maybe all the leadership they claimed they were getting from him, might have been part of the problem.
    My rant that Whitworth was an albatross on this team, the essence of its limp-wristed, faux leadership, is several years old. However true that may be, though, the Bengals didn't have a choice given the god-awful talent evaluation and coaching that comes from Paul Alexander. They screwed the pooch two years ago, and it looks like an entire generation of Bengals will be paying the price. The window of opportunity opened for them to get in, and they chose to hunker down rather than go for it.

We shouldn't be surprised.

But yeah, Whit's been the master of empty talk who his whole career, and this is just the final piece de resistance.

The amazing thing is, this line was absolutely awful last year.... and the 2 best players out of 5 are going to be playing for a different team. What organization in any league at any level, in any sport, would allow that to happen?

It is truly difficult to believe and literally IMPOSSIBLE to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bohannon View Post
    The amazing thing is, this line was absolutely awful last year.... and the 2 best players out of 5 are going to be playing for a different team. What organization in any league at any level, in any sport, would allow that to happen?

Pretty much. But hey! House Money!! They saw this coming! They spent their first two picks two years ago on two guys who they had ranked as top 15 guys. Elite players! Oh, wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bohannon View Post

You know, I get that but at the same time going back in with the same guys probably wasn't the answer either. If 2 out of our 5 were truly elite guys (that's how they're being paid) then why were they so bad? Are Bodine and Boling truly that terrible? I accept Ced was/is, just seems odd overall that they are supposedly so good and so bad at the same time.

Perhaps it just says a lot about Alexander at this point of his career.

Holy cow.

My guess is that he is still a little miffed they drafted a couple of tackles two years ago. Why the Rams? They aren't really contenders and just lost their best receiver to the Browns. They don't have any picks to fix the situation either. Kind of a little beta ***** move.

I imagine their isn't a plan B. But if they are smart, they are getting ready to ante up on Zeitler and make sure Dre doesn't walk so there aren't more holes to fill. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    Holy cow.

My guess is that he is still a little miffed they drafted a couple of tackles two years ago. Why the Rams? They aren't really contenders and just lost their best receiver to the Browns. They don't have any picks to fix the situation either. Kind of a little beta ***** move.

I imagine their isn't a plan B. But if they are smart, they are getting ready to ante up on Zeitler and make sure Dre doesn't walk so there aren't more holes to fill. Wow.
    Probably a combination of drafting guys to replace him, only giving a 1 year extension last time, and trying to kill his market this year. He'll probably end up regretting it later on when he's cut early, but no one to blame but our front office.

Even with losing Whit, I don't think Zeitler is going to be worth the crazy money he gets. I just don't think guard is worth it.