Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: DreK is Back

  1. #1

    DreK is Back

    Per his twitter account - 5 years.

    They had to save face with him, I would guess. Can he play T?

  2. #2
    now cut Pacman please

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Per his twitter account - 5 years.

    They had to save face with him, I would guess. Can he play T?
    He's got great length.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    now cut Pacman please
    cosigned.

  5. #5
    He probably can't get bullrushed any worse than CedO...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    now cut Pacman please
    Please. It will ease the pain of the rest of this day if it happens.

  7. #7
    We had to save some face. I think Dre is still ascending and played his best ball last year.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrlnutz View Post
    We had to save some face. I think Dre is still ascending and played his best ball last year.
    Agreed. He's tough, too. Plays hurt, usually tackles well. Ball skills much improved.

  9. #9
    Do you guys want Jones cut because you don't think he has any value at all to the team?

    Or because you think the Bengals will get a better player for $6-7M a year in this free agency environment with the savings?

    Or just a moral thing because you think he's a bad guy?

    Not judging, just curious as to the reasoning

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    Do you guys want Jones cut because you don't think he has any value at all to the team?

    Or because you think the Bengals will get a better player for $6-7M a year in this free agency environment with the savings?

    Or just a moral thing because you think he's a bad guy?

    Not judging, just curious as to the reasoning
    Personally, I think it's a combination.

    I think he's actually a detriment, not a value, in terms of his presence. IMO, he's THE bad apple on the team, and in particular, I think he's a very bad influence on Burfict, who I'd much rather have around. He's part of that volatile, follow-Marvin-wherever-he-goes kind of thing (and please be certain, I do think it's a Marvin thing; Bill B would have booted him years back).

    And I think he's detrimental enough that cutting him would be addition by subtraction, times two. You get rid of the bad influence and you free up a good chunk of change that, even as a player, I don't think he's really worth anymore. Of course, money is getting crazy so that may no longer be the case...but yeah, whether it's a young draft pick who I could be excited about our freeing up some space to go get a difference making, impact FA, I'd be perfectly happy if Adam Jones' locker was emptied to make room.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •