Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Future of the OL

Blog Entries
    To bad our center is complete crap.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Wouldn't hate Ross but I think I'd prefer to get a defensive playmaker at 9 and go for like a Josh Reynolds later.
    That's where I am as well. We need a Chris Henry/Darnay Scott, complimentary talent. Using the 9 pick on a tertiary player just seems like overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    That's where I am as well. We need a Chris Henry/Darnay Scott, complimentary talent. Using the 9 pick on a tertiary player just seems like overkill.
    Agree that 3rd/4th round is the sweet spot for WR.

The one scenario where I could see WR (or Fournette) making sense at #9 is if the Bengals sign a starting MLB in free agency and feel like they can address DE and OL in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

So for example if they signed Kevin Minter, drafted DE Carl Lawson in the 2nd and OG/OT Taylor Moton in the 3rd. I can see how that would really open things up in round 1 for pure BPA, which could be an offensive skill position guy.

Also worth noting that AJ turns 29 this summer. He'll be fine the next few years, but it's not like a highly drafted WR would remain a supporting player forever. We're going to need a new #1 before a rookie's 5-year deal is up.

Bengals sign TJ Johnson to a 2-year deal.

Athletically, Carl Lawson will be an astronomical historical anomaly if he becomes a great player in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Bengals sign TJ Johnson to a 2-year deal.

Katherine TerrellVerified account @Kat_Terrell 4h4 hours agoMore

Bengals OL coach Paul Alexander on Johnson: “TJ has raised his level of play every year he’s been with us. He is smart, tough and reliable"

Here is a look at Winston’s contract, courtesy of Over The Cap:
    Base Salary: $1,000,000
    Prorate: $80,000
    Cap Number: $695,000
    Dead Money if Cut (at any time): $80,000
    Cap Savings if Cut (at any time): $615,000

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/18...ntract-bengals