Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: 2-3 Million more per hobson

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    not saying it's ok, but it sounds like they're hoarding at least part of the cap space for extensions for Burfict and Eifert.
    It's more than ok. At this point it's the only hope they have left. They have a few clearly elite players, and based on their recent behavior, there's a great risk that they'll lose those guys, who understandably might want to go elsewhere and play for a legit contender.

    I've been meaning to bring this up in the FA thread, but this is as good a place as any. Anyone else remember, just a couple of short months ago, our two team leaders and best players on offense, Green and Dalton, coming out and openly saying this team needed to go out and be aggressive in FA for once? It was a bold move, and very much breaking with team preference and even their own personalities. But when the guys who are the reason you have a beating pulse start to state the obvious, and still you defy them, you can't have much hope to stay a contender for very long.

  2. #12
    I can't help but fear Eifert is in a Marvin Jones situation. Based on injuries, the team is going to want a discount and the player would rather attempt a healthy/productive year to truly cash in. Will they be able to find a middle ground before it's too late.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    I can't help but fear Eifert is in a Marvin Jones situation. Based on injuries, the team is going to want a discount and the player would rather attempt a healthy/productive year to truly cash in. Will they be able to find a middle ground before it's too late.
    We usually try to draft a year early to replace upcoming free agents. That would be TE and LB. Howard and Reddick or Foster?

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    We usually try to draft a year early to replace upcoming free agents. That would be TE and LB. Howard and Reddick or Foster?
    It's not a bad strategy if you actually hit on your draft choices, rather than fail badly and then make little to no attempt to hold onto the last shred of hope that you still have on the team.

    I could have happily advocated for exactly the kind of picks you suggest, but now I fear we aren't going to sniff one of the difference makers at one of the spots we've so badly needed to have them (in a draft where we finally have a shot!) because we are now left holding the bag because of terrible drafting and coaching of the OL.

    We could get a 4.22 deep threat or an all around stud at WR.
    We could get a punishing, difference making player at LB.
    We have an outside shot at getting a truly difference making DL, including someone to man the RDE that could be an instant upgrade/impact.
    We even have an outside shot at drafting a RB who was just 1.5 years ago considered to be the top guy in a generation.

    And if we were just a little bit lucky, we could have even gotten two of the above. Now, with a little bit of bad luck, we might get zero.

  5. I am thinking it will be Reddick. He can play with Burfict and replace him if he goes.

    What sucks is we know nothing about how good Vigil, Westerman, Billings, Fisher or Jackson are. Even Dennard.

    In a 6-9-1 season we couldn't figure this out?
    Last edited by Bengalbro; 03-10-2017 at 11:38 PM.

  6. #16
       
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Gem City.
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    I am thinking it will be Reddick. He can play with Burfict and replace him if he goes.

    What sucks is we know nothing about how good Vigil, Westerman, Billings, Fisher or Jackson are. Even Dennard.

    In a 6-9-1 season we couldn't figure this out?
    You may know nothing, but my guess is the team has a good idea on all those players.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by kennethmw View Post
    You may know nothing, but my guess is the team has a good idea on all those players.
    You mean like the two tackles for whom they have cleared the path to start, despite all available evidence that suggests this is lunacy?

  8. #18
       
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Gem City.
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    You mean like the two tackles for whom they have cleared the path to start, despite all available evidence that suggests this is lunacy?
    Well, let's see, I can either take the viewpoint of professionals that are paid large sums of money to make decisions, or some message board guru who to the best of my knowledge hasn't made a single dime from his great wealth of incredible football acumen. Choices, Choices.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by kennethmw View Post
    Well, let's see, I can either take the viewpoint of professionals that are paid large sums of money to make decisions, or some message board guru who to the best of my knowledge hasn't made a single dime from his great wealth of incredible football acumen. Choices, Choices.
    Right. You've always been the good little pet. They can do no wrong in your eyes. While I appreciate the loyalty, I also wonder what it's like to lack personal critical faculties. I guess maybe it's the perfect kind of fandom. You're happy! Ignorance IS bliss!

  10. #20
    Good grief people. Knock it off

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •