Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2-3 Million more per hobson

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Right. You've always been the good little pet. They can do no wrong in your eyes. While I appreciate the loyalty, I also wonder what it's like to lack personal critical faculties. I guess maybe it's the perfect kind of fandom. You're happy! Ignorance IS bliss!
    It's not fandom. It's business. I have zero idea what you do for a living, but my guess is that if you've been doing it for any period of time, you will be much more knowledgeable about its intricacies than someone who isn't doing it on a daily basis. If I need surgery done, I'm not going to a guy that says he's read a lot about surgery on the internet and dissected a frog in biology class, and he's real excited to see if he can actually perform, I'm going to the guy that has performed in the Arena, and has made his living doing that. Forgive me if that offends your sensibilities.

Our FO and coaches technically meet the requirements for "argument from authority..." but their track record after 14 seasons does little to suggest they are an authority on the matter anymore.

I tend to agree with alleycat, this org screwed the pooch with the double OT draft and not giving those guys a permanent position. For fvcks sake they've throw more passes to Fisher than they have let him start games! There is no Sunday evidence that either guy is a starting NFL OT and we now have no choice but to hope they are. Peerman over WJIII? Burkhead riding the bench for 3.5 years before demonstrating he's arguably more versatile‚Äč than Gio. Uzomah contributing and then inexplicably deactivated once Efiert is back.

This ridiculous organization adheres to rigid archetypes at all 22 spots, it's absurd. I still maintain that if we cloned Eifert or AJ for that matter, the clone would be deactivated every week because "we only have one spot for an Efiert or AJ."

Look at our defense. Of the 4 worst players last year (Shawn Williams, Peko, MJ90, Jones) 3 are captains!

The window for our core is not closed...but they bumbled nearly every personnel decision since the end of 2014 and if this season comes crashing down like it seems it's headed, they will have brought that window down to within an inch of closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrlnutz View Post
    Our FO and coaches technically meet the requirements for "argument from authority..." but their track record after 14 seasons does little to suggest they are an authority on the matter anymore.

I tend to agree with alleycat, this org screwed the pooch with the double OT draft and not giving those guys a permanent position. For fvcks sake they've throw more passes to Fisher than they have let him start games! There is no Sunday evidence that either guy is a starting NFL OT and we now have no choice but to hope they are. Peerman over WJIII? Burkhead riding the bench for 3.5 years before demonstrating he's arguably more versatile‚Äč than Gio. Uzomah contributing and then inexplicably deactivated once Efiert is back.

This ridiculous organization adheres to rigid archetypes at all 22 spots, it's absurd. I still maintain that if we cloned Eifert or AJ for that matter, the clone would be deactivated every week because "we only have one spot for an Efiert or AJ."

Look at our defense. Of the 4 worst players last year (Shawn Williams, Peko, MJ90, Jones) 3 are captains!

The window for our core is not closed...but they bumbled nearly every personnel decision since the end of 2014 and if this season comes crashing down like it seems it's headed, they will have brought that window down to within an inch of closure.
    Hope springs eternal for this organization.

Nice post.